Milkyspit's MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester) Part II

Arthur D

Newly Enlightened
Milky...I'm interested in a MC2.

I'm not sure what my options are for battery choice and led choice though.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky...I'm interested in a MC2.

I'm not sure what my options are for battery choice and led choice though.

Arthur, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The most common choices for white LED have been a single Nichia GS or an array of Nichia GS... the latter can produce a little additional light but would cost $10 extra to build. The backup LED is typically amber, red, or red-orange... IMHO the red-orange I've got on hand is the brightest. For batteries, the typical design runs in a self-adapting tube that can accept anything from a single CR2 cell all the way to 2x123, or 2xRCR123, or a single 17500 or 17670 cell, plus various other possibilities. If you're inclined toward something different I could build the circuitry into a custom light... I've put it in 4AA lanterns, lamps... mounted on a Radio Shack battery box... put inside 3AAA generic flashlight... even fashioned a pair of alligator clip attachments for use on a 6V lantern battery. That one runs for a LOOOOONG time! :D

Anyway, give me a holler when you know what you might want, and hope this helped at least a little.

BillSXT2002

Newly Enlightened
I'd really like one of these in whatever the standard configuration is. Do I just send the paypal right over?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd really like one of these in whatever the standard configuration is. Do I just send the paypal right over?

Hi Bill, yes, would cost $59 plus shipping. I've got some ready to ship in the standard configuration. Shipping will add $5 for Priority Mail NO INSURANCE in USA, $12 Priority Mail WITH INSURANCE in USA, $12 Priority Mail NO INSURANCE NO TRACKING international, or $29 Express Mail International (EMS) WITH INSURANCE AND TRACKING. If you need some assistance, PM me or email to...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

Please make sure I have your CPF username as well as your mailing address in your payment comments, makes things a lot easier! :eek:

scout24

Flashaholic
Scott-
Any availability or plans for more??? Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but am very interested in getting a couple of these... Paypal ready!
Greg

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott-
Any availability or plans for more??? Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but am very interested in getting a couple of these... Paypal ready!
Greg

Greg, I've got a few left and would be okay with sending them your way. Cost would be the same $59 per unit, plus shipping on the entire order.

Beyond that, I may have sufficient boards to make another couple units, as I uncovered a couple spare boards while cleaning the Milky Labs.

Beyond both the above, we'll be talking about plans for an as-yet undesigned MC3. To make the MC3 come to fruition, I'd need to gather commitments for at least 100 pieces or so total. Might be able to run some sort of custom housing and/or bring down the pricing a little with that sort of quantity, too. Because of the setup costs for running the next generation (MC3) boards, I do need to reach that 100+ threshold to move forward on the MC3.

scout24

Flashaholic
Scott-
Took a chance with Paypal and sent it to your "ppcard@_________" address... hope that is still good!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
same here , would like to purchase one as well

Fisk, I've got one for you and replied to your email to that effect. :thumbsup:

Scott-
Took a chance with Paypal and sent it to your "ppcard@_________" address... hope that is still good!

Scout, got your payment and I have two units in the mailbox for you at this moment. :thumbsup: