Mini Mag Charger?

Larry1582

Enlightened
One of the Streamlight/Mini-Mag chargers is up on EBAY for who ever is interested.

Item #5120271445

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
YMMV, but when I tried using rechargeables in a mm with the original bulb years ago, it used to blow 'em for me in about half an hour -- the drop in the voltage vs. the alkalines didn't go over too well. If the Streamlight charger has a higher voltage than NiCad's or NiMh's that would make a difference. And an led drop-in would work as well.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chmsam said:
YMMV, but when I tried using rechargeables in a mm with the original bulb years ago, it used to blow 'em for me in about half an hour -- the drop in the voltage vs. the alkalines didn't go over too well. If the Streamlight charger has a higher voltage than NiCad's or NiMh's that would make a difference. And an led drop-in would work as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use NiMh AAs in my minimags all the time. I've ran probably 5 sets of batteries through, and the bulb is still fine...

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured that NiMh's might be an OK option, but the NiCad's are something I won't use again in a regular mm.

But then, I don't use regular flashlights anymore -- they just make me feel kinda weird and, well, cheap and sleezy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif