MiniM@g 2AA LED Really 1.5 Watts ?

frasera

Newly Enlightened
ace0001a said:
Remember guys, even Mag states on their packaging: "3 WATT LED...As rated by supplier of LED". So yeah, it's mostly marketing. It's almost like a car maker saying "V8 Engine" but leaves out "150 Horsepower".

well isni't it more like speed grades for cpu's here though? with a good yield they still have to put out the lower models so they mark chips at speeds much lower than their potential. not the perfect analogy but i think these are being driven rather gently which is probably a good thing for the led. where as a cr@ppy engine is cr@p because it was designed poorly.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Cut down with a Li-Ion sounds pretty interesting!

I only stopped carrying a Lambda LUXIII Minim*g because it was too long and I had interference with my truck seat.

That's why I EDC a P1 now.

But a short Minim*g might work!

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
While this is true, it's not the massive difference that you see with most other lights. I was somewhat perplexed by that

Looking at the numbers, there is a 2 hour difference in run time between Alkaline and NiMH? I thought that was impressive.

Is there a bigger difference with 3AA?

I run NiHM in both 2AA and 3AA and it's impressive in both.

Never experience a cell not going in our out of a lite, but had Powerex 2700 MaH get very reluctant coming out of a digital camera...

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
etc said:
While this is true, it's not the massive difference that you see with most other lights. I was somewhat perplexed by that

Looking at the numbers, there is a 2 hour difference in run time between Alkaline and NiMH? I thought that was impressive.

Is there a bigger difference with 3AA?

I run NiHM in both 2AA and 3AA and it's impressive in both.

Never experience a cell not going in our out of a lite, but had Powerex 2700 MaH get very reluctant coming out of a digital camera...

The MiniMagLED 3AA does have a big difference, but I was thinking more of other lights like the Huntlight FTA2 or Fenix L2S where there is a much more drastic difference between alkaline and Ni-MH.

Latest posts