Minimag LED release date

Gimp_Light

Newly Enlightened
Lit Up said:
I'd guesstimate within the next 4-5 weeks or sooner.

Wal-mart does not clear out spots and put out price tags for items 3-4 weeks in advance. I talked to a manager there and she said they should be out there within a week if they already have the spots ready for them.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gimp_Light said:
Wal-mart does not clear out spots and put out price tags for items 3-4 weeks in advance. I talked to a manager there and she said they should be out there within a week if they already have the spots ready for them.

I heard from a manager that the walmarts in WI should be stocking them within the next 5-7 days.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't rely on the remarks of a Wal*Mart store employee, regardless of position, for any kind of accurate information for product availability, but at the same time they would be correct in that a retail store (any) would not set aside shelf space for a product that is 3-4 weeks out.

I did see the state of one of the local Wal*Mart store that was in the process of reworking their wall arrangement and they had everything that was on the shelf scattered in a pile on the floor, including the Mag LED Modules.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Mag hasn't even put out commercials for the bigger drop-ins, I'm wondering now if the Minis are going to be promoted as the new 'Best Flashlight Ever' to the Unenlightened. I went with a blind buy for the drop-ins, but the MMs I want to see reviewed first with how drastic this redesign is. Everyone knew to expect Diamond-like performance from the drops, but all we have of the MMs is a side view, these things could be anything.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I stopped by my local WallyWorld and low and behold; the mags were lined up the drop in leds were right there with them and several "pegs" empty with Minimag AA led and 3 AA on them so it must be close, good bad or ugly it is close.
Topper :)

dyyys1

Enlightened
Has there been any indication that these will be available in different colors? I was planning on buying the red nite ize upgrade for my MM, but I might wait if these will be available in red.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
dyyys1 said:
Has there been any indication that these will be available in different colors? I was planning on buying the red nite ize upgrade for my MM, but I might wait if these will be available in red.

I saw the price with labels, Black and Silver for now.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Action-Lights has them listed in black, red, gray, silver, blue. The display map for Wal*Mart, however, only lists black and gray, same as the 2 and 3 cell Mag LEDs. If you're looking for one with a red emitter, you'll probably have to go with the Nite-Ize, the Mags are only going to be in white.

dyyys1 said:

dyyys1

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
If you're looking for one with a red emitter, you'll probably have to go with the Nite-Ize, the Mags are only going to be in white.

Sorry. I didn't clarify, but I was asking about the red LED's, not the red finish. However, you answered my question. TY

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
dyyys1 said:
Sorry. I didn't clarify, but I was asking about the red LED's, not the red finish. However, you answered my question. TY

If you want red luxeon, I've made some sandwiches for others and I can build up one using red Lux I's or Lux III's biased any way you want. I tried the colored nite-eyez and they are cheesy.

maglite

Newly Enlightened
mini mag led at walmart

i went by the flashlights at wal mart adn there were 4 pegs for minimag led and they were all completley empty... who has one? reviews.... i wish i had known they were out, i would have been there the minuite they were put on the rack if i had known. i have checked several walmarts, and all are completley sold out. by the way, i am in nashville.

DaveG

Enlightened
Re: mini mag led at walmart

The stores as far as I know have not gotten the lights yet.Just the empty pegs have gone up in all of the stores I have gone to.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

You might want to contact an administrator and ask them to merge your thread with the one at http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126203

The purpose would be two-fold; it will provide you with more background on the Wal*Mart reset, and will not mislead other readers into thinking that someone has found this product at one of the stores.

maglite said:
i went by the flashlights at wal mart adn there were 4 pegs for minimag led and they were all completley empty... who has one? reviews.... i wish i had known they were out, i would have been there the minuite they were put on the rack if i had known. i have checked several walmarts, and all are completley sold out. by the way, i am in nashville.

maglite

Newly Enlightened

sorry, i did not see the other thread. i did a quick search and did not see it.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I live in So. California not far from Ontario, but still no Mini Mags on the shelf!! I work in Chino, which is 10 miles from Ontario-- nothing yet--- as usual Wally World's employees don't know anything! Mag seems to keep product leaks pretty tight, you would think they would be hyping this up bigger, this could be huge for them---

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what your post is suppose to be about. The fact that you're near Ontario, CA does not mean that these lights would appear there first. In fact, many companies intentionally ship to their customer's farthest points first. Couple that with the fact that you don't really know if Wal*Mart is a direct customer of Mag Instruments, or if they purchase their inventory through a distributor (don't make suppositions or speculative guesses here about Wal*Mart's account statuses here unless you're familiar with Wal*Mart's purchasing, I am familiar with their account statuses.)

With regards to product knowledge amongst Wal*Mart employees, be thankful that you live in an area where the Wal*Mart employees are a step above welfare, aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed and/or speak English only as a second language. It means that you're in an urban area that is economically reasonably well off. Things do not bode well financially if some of the more brightest members of your community happen to work at Wal*Mart since they're one of the major employers, and your home town isn't Bentonville AR or Brisbane CA(walmart.com).

More likely though, they're probably going to ship early to meet some inventory requirements at Wal*Mart just as they did with the full size Mag lamp modules and lights. And as you've probably already seen, they will start to show up elsewhere in due time.

CNTSTPDRMN said:
I live in So. California not far from Ontario, but still no Mini Mags on the shelf!! I work in Chino, which is 10 miles from Ontario-- nothing yet--- as usual Wally World's employees don't know anything! Mag seems to keep product leaks pretty tight, you would think they would be hyping this up bigger, this could be huge for them---