Minimag LED release date

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I think Wamart employees are like employees of any other company they are kept in the dark . I doubt there is anyway for a Walmart emloyee to see the shipping status of any of there out of stock products.

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I am going to say August 15 for a release date , just because the brightguy.com site says so , so now I can stop going into Wamart like a lemming.

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I saw some of the 3 watt led maglites at Home Depot in Columbia SC today. They also had the LED bulb replacements for around $15.

squirrel

Newly Enlightened
LED bulb replacements?
for the D cell mags right.

I dont think there is a replacement from Maglite for the minimags?

sean m

Newly Enlightened
The Wally Worlds in Charlotte NC have also put up the prices for the mini mag leds. Also it seems they have increased the amount of Mag led and conversions on hand, along with finally seperating the conversions by cell number.

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
The 3 watt replacement LED bulbs that were at Home Depot were for 2 cell and 4 cell lights I think they were for either C or D size. A guy i work with brought his in today, he has an older 2 C cell maglite and after i ponted him to a review of the replacement bulbs he went last night and got one and brought it in today, man that thing is bright. They had some led pgrades for the mini mags but the were not the 3 watt ones. The 2 Cell 3 watt maglite (whole flashlight with the 3 watt LED bulb already in it) at Home Depot was around $28 i think (they had other sizes also but i was looking at the 2 D cell ones), i also saw the same lights at Sears last night but for about $10 more, but Sears did not have any of the 3 watt LED replacemnt (upgrade) bulbs.

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
my walmart has spots for them also, now the real ? is, what are all getting, the two cell or three cell..................cause you know you want one..................

pradeep1

Enlightened
My local Augusta Walmarts (both Super and regular sized) has empty pegs for them. I talked to the department managers and they did an inventory scan and they said that they had about 18 on order for each color and style (2AA, 3AA). They said that when it indicates on order, then they expect them to be there within 5 days.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the portion quoted below was that Wal*Marts generally also house a small McDonald's in their stores :lolsign:

pradeep1 said:
My local Augusta Walmarts (both Super and regular sized)

pradeep1

Enlightened
Knowing my addiction to stupid flashlights, I'll end up buying both, in both colors probably too. :(

bkkd said:
my walmart has spots for them also, now the real ? is, what are all getting, the two cell or three cell..................cause you know you want one..................

pradeep1

Enlightened
Supersized Walmarts...yeah, I think there are even more sizes:

Small - normal Walmarts in small hick towns (no offense, we were once a small hick town)

Medium - Walmarts with a small grocery section and the regular Walmart, but no automotive work done onsite (see them in Florida), and sometimes smaller sized garden centers.

Large - Your normal Supercenter with grocery, auto, garden, and regular stuff.

Supersize - Super Duper Walmarts with grocery, auto, regular stuff, garden center, pet center, gas station, doctor's offices - eye, dental, walk-in clinic, hair and nails shops, sign shops, bank, and a Sam's Club next door.

Brighteyez said:
Sorry, but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the portion quoted below was that Wal*Marts generally also house a small McDonald's in their stores :lolsign:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will be my last post on this subject so that we don't take thread this way off topic.

San Jose is no hick town, well maybe not much of one, but it's the 3rd largest city in California with a population of about one million people. We have one "Small" and one "Medium" Wal*Mart, with other small and medium ones in neighboring communities. The closest Supercenter is about 30 miles away in Gilroy (of garlic fame)

Actually I think you'll find more supercenters in the more rural areas, and the small ones in the lower socio-economic areas of more urbanized communities since the land cost is going to be higher in larger cities.

And the closest Sam's is about 40 miles away, with the next closest one close to being 100 miles away.

pradeep1 said:
Supersized Walmarts...yeah, I think there are even more sizes:

Small - normal Walmarts in small hick towns (no offense, we were once a small hick town)

Medium - Walmarts with a small grocery section and the regular Walmart, but no automotive work done onsite (see them in Florida), and sometimes smaller sized garden centers.

Large - Your normal Supercenter with grocery, auto, garden, and regular stuff.

Supersize - Super Duper Walmarts with grocery, auto, regular stuff, garden center, pet center, gas station, doctor's offices - eye, dental, walk-in clinic, hair and nails shops, sign shops, bank, and a Sam's Club next door.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't been into my two "local" Walmarts to check as I am :broke:

And as to regular and supersize, I only know of one Walmart less than Supercenter and it is in (brain fart), a small town east of Lufkin. The last Houston area store (Highlands) that wasn't Super is now across the road from the Super, EMPTY!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Spotted another small Walmart in Edna, TX. Was not able to stop there however!

Will check a Walmart or two on Sunday when I go to Houston for a Gunshow (and to meet up with my best friend!).

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get too excited, that might be for one of those 'emergency' lights that plugs into the wall. I saw a few of those at Wal*Mart today.

PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
But there are also hangers for rechargable LEDs???? WTF????

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Come to think of it, you are probably correct.

I have one already plugged in in my room. It hacks me off A: because it has a moonbeam, and B: the led in it is off center a bit from the moon lense!

Otherwise there ain't nothing wrong with it LOL!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can they really expect to have empty hooks for these for two weeks? These almost have to be showing up shortly. As a person with quite a few years in sales, I gotta tell ya, it's all a game of real estate. Nobody has a policy of keeping sales space open for two weeks because even those few square inches are a bit of expensive cost overhead. We might be seeing these within a few days or else we'll probably see the spaces filled in with something else until they arrive.