Missing Omicron

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was during Christmas 2016 that I eagerly anticipated the arrival of this PK & Foursevens collaboration.
CHlyYdR.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't arrive home until about an hour after the USPS tracking notification dinged my cellphone. Imagine my disappointment upon finding the mailbox empty....... :wtf: No one else was home, so it must have been stolen. :awman: I contacted Foursevens and they promptly sent a replacement. :thumbsup: The next day a neighbor came by and gave me the light. The carrier had delivered it to the wrong street.

I made sure I was home on the scheduled replacement delivery day. DING went the phone....... but the mail-truck was nowhere to be seen. :confused: Hard to believe but the only thing that made sense was the carrier had delivered it to the wrong address.... again. Quick as I could, I jumped into my van and started driving around the neighborhood. About five blocks away I saw the truck, walked up introducing myself, showing her my phone and asked if she had recently delivered a white, padded envelope. Weirdest thing, she said, "Oh no, did I do it again." I said I don't know, can we go check. Sure enough there it was in the same neighbor's mailbox. I told her it was a replacement for the first one she left and to please return it to Foursevens. She was very apologetic. This was just a little after Christmas so I knew how burned-out she must have been. Returning home I asked The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner to put together a plastic bag of Christmas goodies and a note wishing her a happy new year.

~ Chance

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite the same story though the end the same. Folks, take a seat if yer not sittin' in one now!! I received my Omicron and custom Ray skin holster today---prior to the anticipated Monday due date! Huzzah! I'm older now but most likely none the wiser and yet, instead of "lighting one little candle in the dark" I'll fire up me Omicron and search for the "O" in Greek!

As before and no less now, my heartfelt thanks :D:party::thumbsup:to Hogo from Thors Custom Leather who orchestrated this final fulfillment of my purchase and. designed and created a holster worthy of carry of this fine light and, none other than George, who has been trying to get one of these fine light to me for...quite awhile! And that, my dear CPF members is, at least for the time being, the rest of the story....:cool:

Now, if ANYONE comes across Mickey Mouse at the USPS Lehigh Valley Distribution Center and, Mickey is carrying my ORIGINAL Omicron and Ray holster, tell him karlthev is looking for him!:thumbsdow

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys and girls, it's the thought that counts!

Continuing info as I did promise. I once again, contacted my local Postal Office who indicated they had contacted the Lehigh Valley Distribution Center---where the first, original box had been damaged and where the contents vanished into thin air. Well, the Postal worker said Lehigh Valley had not called back but she would call--once again!

Examining my latest and SUCCESSFUL:thumbsup: delivery, a "carbon copy" of the first in contents and internal packaging, it's interesting to note there were several items included in the shipment--box: 1) the Omicron--packaged in 3" X 2 3/4" X 1 1/2" custom box (bright blue and black coloration) with "Omicron Titanium Edition, Made in USA by George Kemenes" color printed on a custom label attached to the inside of the box, the Omicron itself within a blue velvet drawstring pouch; 2) a Thors Hammer custom Ray Skin holster in a ziplock bag---both items within plastic bubblewrap and, 3) a three page written instruction "manual" measuring 8 1/2" X 11".

Now, envisioning how ALL of these several items fell out of an official US Postal mailing box accidently torn apart by mechanical equipment, fell onto the floor of the shipping/sorting area AND, have remained unseen, undetected, not noticed--for a period of several weeks, NOT being placed into "lost and found" nor IDed for return to the rightful builder (name emblazoned on the inside of the box--remember?) as I believe may have been suggested---makes me think a World-Renown Magician must be one of the Postal Employees! What do YOU think?:rolleyes:

"And now, the rest of the story....." Come on back now..."We'll leave the light ( Omicron?) on for you"....

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.