• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2 to "MD1"

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that where my money is going rs? I'm gonna have to get one too. Let me know when to send the money Martin...

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent you a pm Martin. Don't know if you got my email. Had to take my phone to apple after I sent it to ya

vr4corrado

Newly Enlightened
Martin,

Just a quick question. Do you have the bodies in stock to make an MD1.5 or would I need to send you an MD2 body.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
PM replied.

Are you stuck at home looking at those MD2/3/4s and wishing they were MD1s? .....pack them up and send them to me. I will modify them and send them back. I am stuck at home too, so turn around time will be 1-2 days.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM replied.

Are you stuck at home looking at those MD2/3/4s and wishing they were MD1s? .....pack them up and send them to me. I will modify them and send them back. I am stuck at home too, so turn around time will be 1-2 days.

What he means by this is pack them all up and send it to him. You might want half md1's and half md1.5's though

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Anyone else want and MD1?
Here is a gratuitous picture of the "Malkoff Graveyard" in my shop....Hope none of the other Malkoff enthusiasts are too upset over this, just remember all these fallen bodies turned into MD1s or MD1.5s.

malkoff_graveyard.png

Sanford02

Newly Enlightened
I want a couple MD1.5
I have two MD2 ordered from Malkoff, so when they arrive, I will let you know. Can you also bore them out a little bit? My 18500 cells don't quite fit in a standard MD2.

RSType,

To get an MD1 made, send me an MD2/3/4 body and include payment of $45 ($40 for the conversion and $5 for shipping). PM me for the address.

Such an amazing mod, and Martin has never raised prices since first offering this service in 2013! As soon as I snag an MD4 I'll send it in for a MD1 and 18650 extension for my MD2.

Last edited:

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I want a couple MD1.5
I have two MD2 ordered from Malkoff, so when they arrive, I will let you know. Can you also bore them out a little bit? My 18500 cells don't quite fit in a standard MD2.

I can bore them out. It is best to send me the battery and body together and I will make sure it fits. ..... My lathe is delineated in inches and not in "little bit" increments. ;-) .... some machine shop humor there....I crack me up. HAHAHHAA

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Such an amazing mod, and Martin has never raised prices since first offering this service in 2013! As soon as I snag an MD4 I'll send it in for a MD1 and 18650 extention for my MD2.

Over 7 years I have been doing this. Wow. I didn't realize it had been so long. I am still happy with the price and people are still happy with the product, so I still see no reason to change the price. I look forward to getting your MD4 and cutting it up.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I can bore them out. It is best to send me the battery and body together and I will make sure it fits. ..... My lathe is delineated in inches and not in "little bit" increments. ;-) .... some machine shop humor there....I crack me up. HAHAHHAA

My Machine shop often jokes that they can keep it in a foot or so one way or the other drive it in break it off and back it out 10 percent 😂😂😂

Latest posts