Mounting LED flashlight on snowblower

freq18hz

Newly Enlightened
Best thread title of all time.

I highly recommend a Surefire tactical weaponlight with a pressure switch. Tactical snowblower, tool of choice when the snowmen zombies attack.

Please take a picture.

-Freq

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
If you have a place to mount it the Black & Decker 360 Clamp Light could do well. It has a strong magnet on it and it can be adjusted in about any direction plus it has focusing/zooming on it for a square beam or a wall of light.

Stevebass4

Newly Enlightened
  1. Not sure handlebar mounts would work on my snowblower.
Here is what I have. I would like to keep the light at least as high as the built in light.
31BM63P3766_prod_detail.jpg

http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_10124_55003_-1

started searching for this when i bought the same machine last month. My dad has the same machine and the factory light tends to die quickly.

here's what i did

first i added some home made drift cutters from a you tube video i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktkQiGI20Q

and then i ordered two sk68 clones from ebay because i didnt want to use my PD30

i went to home depot and bought a pack of 1/2 conduit pipe hangers and some 1/4 20 1/2 inch nuts and bolts

IMAG0465.jpg

here is the end result

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

i also added some tie wraps as added security, just in case things loosen up (dont want the flashlights falling into the bucket)

wont be able to test it out until next winter because i think we're done with snow

Steve

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best thread title of all time.

I highly recommend a Surefire tactical weaponlight with a pressure switch. Tactical snowblower, tool of choice when the snowmen zombies attack.

Please take a picture.

-Freq

I wasn't the only one thinking of a Pressure Switch :D LOL
I was going to suggest, metal strapping, a clamp, a rivet gun and a pressure switch and you could mount that puppy anywhere. Don't forget the DuctTape ;)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

started searching for this when i bought the same machine last month. My dad has the same machine and the factory light tends to die quickly.

here's what i did

first i added some home made drift cutters from a you tube video i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktkQiGI20Q

and then i ordered two sk68 clones from ebay because i didnt want to use my PD30

i went to home depot and bought a pack of 1/2 conduit pipe hangers and some 1/4 20 1/2 inch nuts and bolts

IMAG0465.jpg

here is the end result

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

i also added some tie wraps as added security, just in case things loosen up (dont want the flashlights falling into the bucket)

wont be able to test it out until next winter because i think we're done with snow

Steve

That looks sharp :thumbsup:

Now to mount a light to my Shovel as I'm too cheap to buy a snowblower ;)

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best thing I've found to mount a light to pipe is a loop handle mount from an old line trimmer.
It has four screws to tighten it down and will allow a light to be at 90 degrees to the pipe it's mounted to.

If you google

Shindaiwa P021024920 , You'll see what I mean.