My experiment with non-AW RCR123's

Gatsby

Enlightened
I picked up a few Ultrafire RCR123's to use with my new Incendio when I ordered from battery junction as I did not have extra AW cells not already in dedicated lights. I figured there would be little difference - but I have noted that the Ultrafire cells do behave differently. At first I thought it was just that my Novatac and Creemator were much more efficient than my Incendio, but having rotated batteries around through different lights it is definitely a difference in the cells.

Basically I found that even after limited use in the Incendio I'd put the Ultrafire's in my nano charger and it would light up red and charge them up. Meanwhile it took some time for my Novatac with an AW cell to drain the battery to the same degree (i.e. needing to be charged). So I dropped the AW cell into the Incendio and the Ultrafire into the Novatac and, no, the same result occured in that the Ultrafire needed to be charged with limited use and the AW cell continued to hold out longer in the Incendio.

I haven't done voltage readings (may be the next step) but was surprised that there was a noticeable difference. I'm not sure exactly what it means however, if the AW cells just have a higher capacity (despite a lower state mAh) or if the Ultrafire cells have a higher drain ability ... anyway I was curious if anyone else has had the same experience or can give a non-electrical guy an explanation?