My first Emergency Situation using my EDC Light

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It almost seemed like he locked up the wheels entering the turn. Slamming on the brakes and locking up the wheels totally negated his AWD if he had it.

The Jeep Liberty should have ABS.
But I don't know if it is disabled, or reduced, if you are in off-road drive.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Jeep Liberty should have ABS.
But I don't know if it is disabled, or reduced, if you are in off-road drive.

It has ABS AND stability/traction control AND tire pressure monitoring. You have to do something remarkably unpredictable to roll a car with that many safety features..

Egsise

Banned
It has ABS AND stability/traction control AND tire pressure monitoring. You have to do something remarkably unpredictable to roll a car with that many safety features..
motivator100000BC.jpg

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
Good Job!
Interesting, the cops & FD let you stick around so close after they arrived. Usually they want people out of the way.

Then again, you were witness and first on scene with the call.

A lot of cops carry not so good lights(mag 3-6 ds:candle:), having someone there with a good light is usually a blessing for them!

supasizefries

Enlightened
I think that's pretty much the only reason why they let me stand there so long. Once it got crowded, I decided to do them all a favor and go back to my car and let them work.

KD5XB

Enlightened
I can't help but think that legal liabilities and the proclivity to litigate plays at least some part in that.

I bet you're right -- I'll usually try to help, but when several other "helpers" arrive, I get in the car/truck and leave. I've seen at least one instance where the car was on its side and a group of people thought it was smart to push it back over on its wheels -- with the driver still in the car. I want them to totally forget I was anywhere in that county when that happens!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can't help but think that legal liabilities and the proclivity to litigate plays at least some part in that.

Good Samaritan laws are in place to protect those who stop & help. But sadly, I can't blame those who won't stop to help... if they see that someone else has already stopped to help.

Oh yes, there are indeed injured drivers who have sued someone who stopped to help. (Despite Good Samaritan laws being on the books. Those drivers usually lose).