My TK11 - BEAM SHOTS & VIDEO ADDED

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine TK11 has much better regulation than that one on the light-reviews. Maybe just luck on a low Vf LED?

Next week I'll make more tests with other 18650 batteries.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Question about run time and brightness of my Fenix TK11

IMO it's not great, and I'd be much happier if they ditched CR123A support and just went for 18650 with decent regulation. However, there's no way I'm returning mine. I love the beam too much. It's about as close to perfect for night riding as I'll ever get IMO. If someone comes up with a better driver with the same beam, I'll buy one. Until then....

It's good to have the ability to accept either CR123A or 18650.

But if I get one, I will almost certainly run 18650 in it.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've measured runtimes with other batteries. The regulation clearly depends on quality of your batteries. Please note that solarforce 2400mAh is unprotected. I don't have any AWs now so I can't test them.

fenixtk1118650runtimesel9.gif

Runtime in general mode is 18 hours of flat regulation with trustfire 2500mAh. Imho that is pretty impressive. :thumbsup:

djblank87

Enlightened
Alright guys and gals, can the TK11 beat either my BOG Q5 or my Malkoff M60 in throw?

I have had my BOG and Malkoff for some time but want something with more throw, I know the BOG has a MOP reflector and the Malkoff and Optic but would like to here from someone who has compared the the TK11 to the BOG or Malkoff.

Thanks.......

syed73

Newly Enlightened
Got the TK11 at a local distributor on saturday. It really lives up to its name, Tank! I also got the slight offcentre of the hotspot. It only annoys me when i flash it on a wall within the house but outside no issues though. Great throw. Absolutely outperform my current light, the Romisen NC-R3 P4. I am waiting for my NC-R3 Q5 which i ordered from shiningbeam. Will compare it with the TK11.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright guys and gals, can the TK11 beat either my BOG Q5 or my Malkoff M60 in throw? ...

I can't answer that question, but it sounds like you might want to look at the Olight M20 which as been shown to out throw the TK11.

Any reason you don't want to try Deerlight DBS v2 (throw king)? Maybe the new MRV-SK for which beam shots won't be available until next week?

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't answer that question, but it sounds like you might want to look at the Olight M20 which as been shown to out throw the TK11.

Can you post a link? So far I've seen only comparison with Fenix T1. But TK11 has better throw than T1. I would expect that M20 and TK11 would be pretty close in throw department.

djblank87

Enlightened

Any reason you don't want to try Deerlight DBS v2 (throw king)? Maybe the new MRV-SK for which beam shots won't be available until next week?

I have had a DBS, Tiablo A9Q5 and Spear. I'm not looking for another one like those, I want a SF 6P size light I can carry on duty that out throws my current 6P's with BOG Q5 and Malkoff's.

I will just pickup one and if it does not out throw my other lights I will post it on B/S/T.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you post a link? So far I've seen only comparison with Fenix T1. But TK11 has better throw than T1. I would expect that M20 and TK11 would be pretty close in throw department.
Sorry, I can't find it, maybe it was that comparison with the TK1 I saw and I missread it. As I have the TK11 and was interested in how the two compared. It could have been on another forum as well, but that is less likely. If I find it I will post, if not I'm sure we'll have a TK11 comparison here very shortly.

wish82

Newly Enlightened
hellp i've bought a new tk11 r2 240 lumen led that accept both cr123 and recheargable 18650.

Now i have 2 18650 2600mAh 3,6-4,2v

and 2 cr123 900 mha.

I want to know if this Tk11 accept the Rechargabe CR123 because i have not read this in manual, on the site, or in other palces.

Thank you in advance

sardian

Newly Enlightened
hellp i've bought a new tk11 r2 240 lumen led that accept both cr123 and recheargable 18650.

Now i have 2 18650 2600mAh 3,6-4,2v

and 2 cr123 900 mha.

I want to know if this Tk11 accept the Rechargabe CR123 because i have not read this in manual, on the site, or in other palces.

Thank you in advance

If you look at the link below you'll see that you can use CR's, RCR's, and 18650's.

So to answer your question, yes you can use RCR123's (Rechargable CR123's).

Link: https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_85&products_id=650