MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opinions?

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Re: MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

Hey OTF,

I noticed you also posted a TK70 review. Having both lights perhaps you could answer a few questions I have about them.

1) Which one runs cooler on Turbo?
2) How much better is the TK70's throw at long distances vs the TK75?
3) If you could have only one, would you choose the TK75 or the TK70 with the upcoming adapter to use the TK75 body with 4x18650 cells? And why?
4) If I read the user reviews correctly, the TK70 can remain in Turbo mode till the batteries run out, as long as the thermal protection doesn't kick in. The TK75 on the other hand, has a 20 minute timer to limit the time running in Turbo mode (although you can turn it back to Turbo after it steps down to High). Have you run the TK70 in Turbo for more than 20 minutes, and if so, how hot did it get and at what ambient temperatures?

Trying to decide between the 70 and 75 and right now, I'm leaning towards the 70 with adapter for the 75 body for a few reasons:
A) it can run on Turbo till the batteries run out as long as thermal protection doesn't kick in
B) better throw than the 75 but still has good spill.
C) with the adapter for the 75 body, aside from the head being bigger (which is probably better as a heatsink and from a deeper reflector for better throw perspective) it's a decent size like the 75 (not the TK70's normal war club length).

Max

turnanewleaf

Newly Enlightened
Re: MY TK75 arrived in OZ! It's just as good & more than I expected! Other user opini

I received my TK75 today. All I can say is Wow, so much light from such a small (relatively speaking) form factor. Plus the thing is so light. Just pack it in a bag or throw in your vehicle. I didn't even consider the TK70 for size factor.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened

Does anyone see Fenix putting out a diffuser tip or cap, to turn this beast into a lantern? I'd LOVE to have one.

Samy

Enlightened

You aussies are crazy! :)

SeamusORiley

Enlightened

I agree. Its size and weight, and the low lumens on its first level make it an everyday household flashlight, yet for walks, camping, or just finding that wandering canine friend in the woods, a single push of a button and night turns into day!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got mine too, and man that thing is bright! I am very satisfied with its performance (upgrading from a TK45). They're both great lights.

Craig K

Enlightened

Oztorchfreak do you still like your TK75 just as much as when you first got it, how is it going are you still 100% happy with it?

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oztorchfreak do you still like your TK75 just as much as when you first got it, how is it going are you still 100% happy with it?

Hi Craig K.

I love it even more now.

That is mainly because I have had plenty of time to test it out and compare the beam to my other lights as well as other enthusiast's lights.

I thoroughly enjoy what I have bought.

It is not hard to find a reason to walk around outside with this light just to be taken in by the TK75 again and again.

It has really exceeded all of the hype and my expectations of it.

It is now the number one light that I use when I go for my night walks and also when noises are heard outside my house very occasionally.

The TK75 is just a fabulous mixture of weight, length, high lumens, good choice of LED tint, good throw, good spill and ease of operation using a well established rechargeable battery such as the
Li-ion 18650 instead of the heavier and more bulky high quality and fairly expensive NIMH D cells that are a must to be used in the TK70 if the stated output and run times are to be achieved.

The TK70 required another
charger for me to buy that accomodated high quality and high capacity NIMH D cells in that I did not have a need for before I bought the TK70.

If you want slightly more throw and need another forty five minutes more running time on TURBO continuously than the twenty minutesbefore the heat protection of the TK75 cuts in to reduce the light output from TURBO mode (2600 lumens) down to the HIGH mode (1100 lumens) then the TK70 is your better choice.

Most flashlight users should be quite happy with the limitation of the TURBO run time as the HIGH mode is still quite bright and can run back at on TURBO mode after a the TK&5 has cooled down to a safe operating temperature once again.

I can put this light in my back pocket fairly easily.

I cannot do that with my TK70!

The TK75 has a little less brightness in the spot area of the beam but it has a bit better spill that reaches back towards my feet further than the TK70 does that gives me a nice area of light just in front of me to see where I am walking.

I sound like I am working for Fenix but I am just a regular guy who has found what I consider to be the most flexible, well thought out concept and feature packed light that I have seen in a long time.

I am extremely glad that I had my TK75 on pre-order for the last three months.

The TK75 should be a very good seller for Fenix as others like myself have made very good comments on in this Forum after buying it .

I would be rather surprised if anyone who has carefully looked at the TK75 flashlight reviews as well as the comparison videos and photos that are freely available before they made a well informed decision to buy this light is not happy with their choice.

In my opinion the TK75 is just a KILLER LIGHT that ticks all of my boxes!

CHEERS

bluemax_1

Enlightened

Oztorchfreak,

Since you have both the TK70 and TK75, how hot does the TK70 get on Turbo compared to the TK75 on Turbo? What do you think of the TK70 with the upcoming adapter to use the TK75 body making the TK70 much shorter than the original length, (although it will still be longer than the TK75 due to the TK70 head being bigger) and allowing use of 18650 batteries with the TK70?

Max

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

We Americans have always had your backs, just like you've always had our backs. I'd gladly go to Australia all the time if it wasnt so friggin far away! If someone asked me to name a country where most people seem cool and down to earth, I'd probably say Australia. I definitely wouldnt say France, thats for sure!

I dont have a TK75 or a TK70, but I did buy a TK41 about 4 months ago or so, and its a great light. The first one I bought had a switch issue and I sent it back, then bought another because I really like the light. But the thing is that with these larger lights, they just dont get used as much as the smaller ones do because you cant fit a TK41 or TK70 in your pocket, and if you could it would probably pull your pants down! Dont need that to happen, but if it did at least it would probably be dark out right! So we use the small and mid size lights most of the time.

I was trying to choose between the TK70 and the Thrunite TN30 and ended up buying the TN30. I cant say whether I am better off with the TN30, because I have never tried out a TK70 or a TK75, so I cant compare these lights, but the TN30 is good. I do like the idea of being able to do all the control functions with one hand instead of 2 hands like with the TN30, because with it you have to twist the bezel ring to switch modes while holding it with the other hand.

Do many people around you in Australia have top quality LED lights, or is it like here where most people still have cheap plastic lights and Maglights?

Last edited:

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened

I just hope they put an external charging port on the next one that's when i will buy. probably be over 3000 lumens next time too! who am i kidding im probably going to get one anyway :D

Latest posts