My two latest additions.

Uncle Alvah

Newly Enlightened
After having one Defiant 2-AA die out, and losing another, along with 2 Fenix's lost or, quite possibly, filched by family, in the last year, I had to re-think my lights.
I ended up with these as a "working pair".
2-AA TeraLux Lightstar 180 and a NoteCore EC25.
They are vastly different. The TeraLux being a "no frills" unit. Tailswitch, On/Off, thats it. No adjusting or 'nuthin. The NiteCore, has Turbo, 3 additional brightness levels, illuminated locator button, and built-in voltmeter. Also has strobe, SOS and locator mode. I have never used any of those three, nor do I expect to.
I use my lights pretty much daily here on "the hill", especially with these rather short hours of daylight we are in.
The TeraLux seems to get the most use by far. My wife seems to prefer it as well. Kinda surprisingly, its still on the original factory Energizer batteries even.
The O rings on the Teraux I added, they sit in the six grooves that circle the body. They improve the "feel" of the grip substantially, but make it a mite prone to roll as well.
The NiteCore gets less use, but its so much more powerful and versatile, that it gets a fair workout as well. We sell a few chickens, and the low setting is ideal for snatching the birds off the roost night before auction. I added the O rings to the NiteCore as well, but need to get a couple more for the rear of it.

All in all, for my daily tasks, these two lights seem to compliment each other very well!

Last edited: