My Warrior III K3500R... dead?

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I have the K3500R stored in the shelf and have not had much use, probably the last time it was being use was 6-ish mths ago. Now I have just recharged the battery which is still quite full (as the light on the charger turn green after 15ish mins).

The light is no longer working, no idea why but it only give a quick flashover everytime I turn it on. Has anyone encounter this problem before?
I have also notice that the battery inside the battery tube feel kind of loose (when you shake it), loose as of just like when the battery has been exhausted, not super loose like tumbling inside. I don't have a multimeter or other power source to measure the voltage and to test the light.

Wonder if anyone have a clue what might happened? Does it now lies permanently as a shelf corpse? :broke:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can´t really help you with your K3500R. But my K2000R doesn´t work anymore either after quite some time on the shelf. In my case it´s the batteries (I´m never going to buy anything with proprietary batteries again). They can´t be charged anymore (and light up green in no time btw.). I don´t know if you are willing to invest anymore into the light, but 4sevens has the K2 8xCR123A battery grip available for $27.50. You could at least determine if your batteries are the problem if the light works with the K2. Microfire also will release the K2R battery grip, it´s for 3x18650 recheageables. You can use your own 18650 cells in it.

I´m thinking about getting the K2 8xCR123A just to test my K2000R. If it works I´m either going to sell it as a K2000 or keep it and get the K2R as well (which isn´t that cheap unfortunatelly).

Eric

EDIT:
K2R Youtube Video
K2R CPF Introduction
K2 @ 4sevens

Last edited:

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the reply, that really helps, I think i might use a motorcycle battery (if I can borrow one) to test it out with 12V. I think mine might has been a bad battery as well since it feels loose not holding charges? Will try and see how it goes.

Duckski

Newly Enlightened
The K3500R handle has a small red LED that illuminates when the button is depressed - I noticed if I unscrewed the handle after a failed power on attempt (with a brief flash), the LED was much dimmer than normal. Once powered off and on, it would become bright again - I am sure this problem is battery related and am currently delivery of the new K2R handle which holds 18650 X 3. I will let you know if it solves the problem but even though Microfire were willing to sell me one at reduced cost (found a contact there that was much more helpful than previous people I communicated with), the shipping and money transfer fees made it too expensive - might as well have bought from Microfire.de. Mine is on it's way from someone I know travelling back from China who was able to pay and receive postage of.

Cheers

Steve

Patriot

Flashaholic
The person that I sold my K3500 to at a discounted price purchased an entire new head with ballast and the light is now working perfectly. The old battery pack was still fine and the new owner is very happy.

Duckski

Newly Enlightened
Mine is now working with the K2 handle - I had checked the head on open battery pack, couple of wires and a switch!