Myo XP may catch on fire? :) Oh my

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08403.html

Okay- let me get this straight. I'm running down the trail late at night and I smell something burning. I'm looking around for a campfire or something and when lo and behold- MY HEAD IS ON FIRE. Wow. Imagine that. Just wanted to buy something to light the trail. But, ended up with a bald head and no eyelashes.
Please tell me that they are going to recall these things??? It would be absolutely ludicrous if they didn't.
Oh- I have to go now- I was typing this while trying out my headlamp and my head is on fire. Water please. :( :)

Have a good one,
todd

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08403.html

Okay- let me get this straight. I'm running down the trail late at night and I smell something burning. I'm looking around for a campfire or something and when lo and behold- MY HEAD IS ON FIRE. Wow. Imagine that. Just wanted to buy something to light the trail. But, ended up with a bald head and no eyelashes.
Please tell me that they are going to recall these things??? It would be absolutely ludicrous if they didn't.
Oh- I have to go now- I was typing this while trying out my headlamp and my head is on fire. Water please. :( :)

Have a good one,
todd

Recalled 1 year ago, where have you been?

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
Where have I been.
My head caught on fire. Haven't been the same since! Glad I know now though. :) Thank you

todd

hopkins

Enlightened
A safety solution is to place a fuse in the battery cable. like what is used
for car radios for example- 2-3amp rating ? Then NimH batteries should be safe to use.

Also refrain from tilting the headlamp up and down when its not nessasary
and from bending the battery cable in anyway that could fatigue the wires inside and cause them to fail and short together. Probably goes for all headlamps with battery cables(remote battery pack)

All of us MYO XP owners know of the excellent tactile feedback of the tilting
mechanism on this lamp but must realize that playing with it can cause an electrical failure.
:mecry::crackup:

Last edited:

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your support guys:candle:
It was hard coming back into the candlepower world. I remember after the accident the lights went out in the house. My wife broke out a flashlight and 20 minutes later she finally found me with my head in the toilet. Phewwwww. Was hard but I'm back. I'm back with vigor. I want the brightest strongest headlamp made. You have to face your fears. ;)

Thanks again for your encouragement!!!!!

todd

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
I am a little confused about the question to be honest? Magnesium cables? Wow- it sounds like I'm running for office or something. Phewww.

todd :)

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
:)
lol
Got it.
I am going to get a tshirt that says, "SAY NO TO MAGNESIUM" after that incident

todd