Neck carry, anyone?

NH Lumens

Enlightened
ucl-6.jpg

I wouldn't want a Hound Dog (or even a MD2) hanging from my neck, but a 2.6 ounce (with 18350 cell), 1150 lumen Bodyguard v.2?

Works for me!

ucl-5.jpg

Goes quick to wrist mode too;

ucl-4.jpg

I'm trying this method of carrying for the first time over the last few days, and it works surprisingly well. Neck carry is an "EDC thing" with small knives, so why not with small flashlights?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Neck carry for knives? Absolutely!
Flashlights? Never.
(Maybe a cheap, disposable, coin-cell one as part of a zipper-pull. Might come in handy once in awhile.)

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Neck carry for knives? Absolutely!
Flashlights? Never.

I had my doubts, but neck carry for the light pictured above (2.6 ounces, 3.8" OAL) has worked better than expected. Here are some of the advantages I see thus far;
  • Fully ambidextrous, quickly and easily accessible with either hand
  • Surprisingly comfortable
  • Instant two-hands-free when needed - just let go of the light (fantastic for when needing to hold the light with the mouth)
  • Perhaps the best method of keeping a light instantly accessible while driving or in any seated position
  • A quick yank detaches the light via the break-away barrel connectors for "off-body" use
Carrying a sharp/pointy/stabby thing around my neck? Not for me due to stories like this one.

I carry a knife in the "internal weapons bay" (right-front zippered pocket) of my stealthy Duluth Foreman's Fire Hose pants;

CSWCtanto-2.jpg

edcblade-4.jpg

As is usually the case, YMMV.

skillet

Enlightened
I neck carry a flashlight everyday but Sunday.. Started with a HDS EDC Basic 42 back in the day but as of late its has been a E2D Defender body, Aleph shrouded clicky and a Malkoff MDC LMH.. I wear a button up everyday and I mean everyday and just slip it in between the button holes.

When I finally switched away from the HDS after carrying it for at least 5 years, I went to a single cell cobbled lights.. similar to the two cell I carry now but I prefer the longer run times and brightness from the two cell form factor and I don't notice the weight and the lanyard is safely tucked away into the collar of the daily button up shirt so no chaffing or rubbing..

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I wore a Draco for years, and still would if I could have an updated UI, so have now been wearing a Maus for the last few years.

Tried an Arc-AAA at one time, and before that an original Titan before determining that any neck carry for me had to be smaller. Draco was absolutely perfect, for both size and weight and still wish a new light engine would eventually become available.

Not a fan of wearing a "built-in" garotte. (But I grew up in NJ, so there's that.) I do, however, hang a Streamlight Microstream from one of the buttonholes on my CCW shirt. I keep the light on the inside such that only the clip is showing thru the hole, and it's extremely fast to access often without even needing to remove it from the shirt.
1703987288623.png