Need help finding a Scientific toy..

Lighthouse

Enlightened
JJHitt,

Yep, the same "pre-Tandy" days that when you went in, most <if not all of the staff> were seen on repeat visits months apart, and many actually knew more about electronics than just being a smiling face selling kit boxes where all you "build" is putting in batteries and closing the battery door.

Please understand that I'm not knocking the current staff in the stores, they are just like the rest of us, simply making a living doing what they are employed to do, but rather lamenting the passing of a bygone era....the stores were bought and sold, business went up and down, the current owners want to simply be a box store and I think that we are probably lucky that we can still go in and buy solder and components that they still carry. The world has changed, and RS changed along with it. At least they are still around, many other stores aren't. They have their place in the grand scheme of things, and I still buy from them from time to time.

Re: ES, I was finally able to actually visit the Barrington NJ store and see the submarine periscope about 18 years ago, met one of the founding Edmunds sons...the senior Edmund had moved to Fort Lauderdale by then.