• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

I wonder if you would work on fenix rc 40?

Dien
I wonder what candela this would do with dedomed emitters (and any current boosts)? And how it would compare with your modded Supbeam X60?

Max

Last edited:

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what candela this would do with dedomed emitters (and any current boosts)? And how it would compare with your modded Supbeam X60?

Max

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?379935-TN31vn-VS-TK75vn-VS-RC40vn-VS-X60vn-)

What those measurements from Vinh tell is, is that pushed to the max, dedomed, the difference between the rc40 and x60 is negligible. Personally I find my X60vn to be noticeably brighter, but than the RC40vn I have is one of the first modded, so it's likely Vinh didn't push it as hard as he can now.

In terms of throw the lights will also be very similar. The X60 has the extra center LED, but the RC40 has slightly wider reflectors. My guess is is the light, if dedomed, will hit over 400kcd. I prefer mine domed though since I have enough dedicated throwers for extra long range, and both light up everything out to ~300m beautifully.

flummoxed

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

My HDS clicky is being posted today for the suggested XPG 4500K on copper upgrade.

Hopefully you should get it soon!

Thanks.

Jardine

cp2315

Enlightened
Hi Vinh, I read through previous postings and learned that you no longer do nitecore EC25 mod other than emitter swap?
How much would it cost for you to swap to dedomed XML2 1A with proper focusing?
Thanks!

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I'm lookin to get a couple of lights modded and I'm curious to see what all you can do. For sure I would like an emitter swap on a Fenix LD12 from the original XP-G to an XP-G2 or an XM-L2 PDT to 5000k. I'm looking to keep about the same run times and intensity and I'm hoping that an XM-L2 de domed might be able to keep up with the XP-G between the narrower spill angle and increased output. The other I'm looking for is either my Quark 2aa Pro LED swapped to an XM-L2 PDT to 5000k or something similar in the old Fenix LD20 or the newer LD22. Also, as a side note, if you think you could tackle a couple of harder projects, I'm looking to tinker with the draw on the lights listed above and I would like to drop in an MT-G2 into a Fenix TK41 with around 2000 OTF Lumens if at all possible. Oh, and naturally I would need everything engraved ;)

Cheers,
SZ

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh, I read through previous postings and learned that you no longer do nitecore EC25 mod other than emitter swap?
How much would it cost for you to swap to dedomed XML2 1A with proper focusing?
Thanks!

$38

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm lookin to get a couple of lights modded and I'm curious to see what all you can do. For sure I would like an emitter swap on a Fenix LD12 from the original XP-G to an XP-G2 or an XM-L2 PDT to 5000k. I'm looking to keep about the same run times and intensity and I'm hoping that an XM-L2 de domed might be able to keep up with the XP-G between the narrower spill angle and increased output. The other I'm looking for is either my Quark 2aa Pro LED swapped to an XM-L2 PDT to 5000k or something similar in the old Fenix LD20 or the newer LD22. Also, as a side note, if you think you could tackle a couple of harder projects, I'm looking to tinker with the draw on the lights listed above and I would like to drop in an MT-G2 into a Fenix TK41 with around 2000 OTF Lumens if at all possible. Oh, and naturally I would need everything engraved ;)

Cheers,
SZ

Cant do TK41. No driver I know of. Stock one wont work. I can give the other two small lights a shot but they can be too hard for me to take part.

nuknuk

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh i have posted my Thrunite Tn 32 to you to work your magic on max throw please also is it ok to run torch on 3 new Nitecore 18650's 2600mAh thanks Pete.

ncvarmint

Newly Enlightened
Vihn,
have you done any work to a eagtac mx25lc3
mine is a 6x nichia and I really want 4000k xpg2, can you up the current also
trevor

flummoxed

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

The upgraded HDS Clicky arrived today.

A big improvement! Much brighter and the warm tint looks good.

Thanks for that and appreciate the quick turnaround!

Jardine

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Vinh,
I had a few questions:
1) Do you do mods on the Sunwayman V20C magnetic control ring light? From the factory it puts out about 550 lumens; another CPF member thought it was running the XML-L2 at about 1.5Amps for reliability and possibly to keep the losses low with that magnetic control ring.
2) Can you increase the amps to put out more lumens without decreasing reliability too much?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,
I had a few questions:
1) Do you do mods on the Sunwayman V20C magnetic control ring light? From the factory it puts out about 550 lumens; another CPF member thought it was running the XML-L2 at about 1.5Amps for reliability and possibly to keep the losses low with that magnetic control ring.
2) Can you increase the amps to put out more lumens without decreasing reliability too much?

1. Yes
2. Yes

email me

jaykay

Newly Enlightened
Vinh could you help me turn my little suzuki jimny offroader into a lumen monster. Id like to mount some kick *** lights that will frighten dark into submission! I like throw so food for thought. What do you think?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh could you help me turn my little suzuki jimny offroader into a lumen monster. Id like to mount some kick *** lights that will frighten dark into submission! I like throw so food for thought. What do you think?

I think MM15vn Dedome will have enough throw and and flood for your purpose. If you must have lots of throw then buy TK75vn KT

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Jetbeam RRT01 that I love. But it would be great to have an XM-L2, a little higher output on high, and a warmer tint (3500K would be ideal). Is this possible, and if so how much? Thanks!

Latest posts