• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired NEOCA BL CR2 - use next thread please

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Laser engraving samples

UPDATE:

Some color bodies are ready:

neocabl80.jpg

Some beadblasted and not colored yet
neocabl81.jpg

Some color bodies came out of the annodizing with blemishes, so those will be anodized again

Part of the converters arrived today at home, so the building process should start very soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pablo

Cones

Enlightened

These all look really good. I would like some other colours but a lack of funds and commitment to other projects will make me wait. Perhaps on your other designs!!

What are the bit of metal in between the head and tail? Are they just to hold them?

Thanks for all the excellent work so far. Looking forward to my black and brass. I like the choice of font as well. Looks as I would expect a quality product to look.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
Cones said:What are the bit of metal in between the head and tail? Are they just to hold them?
Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, that is the core of the light. Remember, this is a lipstick design. I believe the head will screw down over that section, thereby covering it.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope, AWTYD - those are anodizing jigs to mask of the insides to keep electrical continuity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

They sure do look great!! <font color="red"> </font> Please let me know when you need the final $ on my brass and blue Cr2s!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dyschan

Newly Enlightened

Pablo

Any chance of having pictures comparing this light with any other known lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Hello Pablo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Didn't see you often this last days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Are you busy, Master ?
Don't forget...we are on march 25 th /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Andale andale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi,
im not most folks, I have spare time when I'm at the office, and since I am my own boss I decided not to work on easter tuesday&friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm spending more time with the family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UPDATE:

Next week I will start assembling with the boards I already have (all except NG400).

I have around 15 colored bodies and all the brass&polished Al ones ready.

The reason not all colored AL bodies are ready is because they came out of the anodizing with notorious blemishes or decolorations, so they are in the process of being reanodized and colored.

This will take some time, but the results must be perfect.

I'll start in order in the list to begin shipping next week the colored units, will post the names of the ready units so paypal can be sent.

if you ordered brass or bare AL and your unit does not use a NG400 it will probably ship next week.

As soon I post the list of the lucky 1st ones I will start receiving paypal at: [email protected]

If you ordered a colored unit and want to upgrade (edited: upgrade instead of change) to brass to receive the flashlight earlier, I can do it since I have around 15 unclaimed bodies. The condition is: SAME CONVERTER, and remember, brass is not engraved unless requested.

Huge Thanks (and sorry for the lack of updates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Pablo

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pablo,

Perhaps I'm in the minority, however please engrave both my lights. Thanks

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would prefer my blue heavy bb/ng400 to be sterile, not engraved.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Project Status Update

UPDATE: Brass bodies are being built right now, I think by thursday will post the list of the lucky 1st ones.

Regarding anodized bodies, the anno shop is giving me a hard time because pieces came out with blemishes, and some pieces are stuck in their anodizing jig.

The problem is big enough that I'm considering redoing the heads again in the CNC shop.

Of the 100 AL pieces made only 10 are ready to ship, others must be reanodized and/or removed from the support.

I'm doing my best to keep everyone happy, but I remember my own post telling that the units were going to be ready by march 31.

I stand by my words, if you're not on the list by thursday and want to get out of the compromise, I will ask no questions and refund your money (if any) and remove you from the list.

Also other delaying factor is that I did not received the second shipment from the shoppe, so no NG400 to build units yet...

Thanks for understanding and believe me I want everyone happy with a quality product in his hands.

Pablo

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Re: Project Status Update

[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
UPDATE:
Regarding anodized bodies,.... pieces came out with blemishes, and some pieces are stuck in their anodizing jig.

The problem is big enough that I'm considering redoing the heads again in the CNC shop.

Of the 100 AL pieces made only 10 are ready to ship, others must be reanodized and/or removed from the support.

Also other delaying factor is that I did not received the second shipment from the shoppe, so no NG400 to build units yet...

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

Don't worry Pablo, this is a familiar story. Shops promise you the world, and then can't deliver the quality promised or in the time they promised.

I for one will wait (as patiently as possible) until all issues can be resolved and you are able to deliver a product that meets your expectations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast

The lucky 1st ones:
neocabllist.gif

The column Ready indicates that the unit is being made right now. Please don't send money until I give a go.

The selection criteria was simple I scrolled from the top and the ones that ordered a colored unit with a converter that is here got the 1st spots.

Shipping is $10 or $20 EMS per unit (10%less if ordered more than 1 unit)

Some people have some units ready and some not, so you have the choice to wait for the fulfillment of the order or to be shipped ASAP.

As soon I post a pic of the finished lights I will start receiving payments, I have enough problems with the anno shop to worry about another paypal limitation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ...

Thanks

Pablo

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

And how many we owes you to have put us in the first one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Pablo, it's a good news, I think I'll claim my two ready and I will wait for the blue one. Like this if a package was lost, I won't lose all the NEOCA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif