• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired NEW - Delrin Tailstand Extension for Surefire Z41 and G2/G3 tailcaps

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to bore some of these deeper to match the button height and to allow a tighter fit on the Z58/Z59.

I'll list them here tomorrow for you guys.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived yesterday.

I was most interested in trying them on a Z59 (U2), and I'm satisfied with it. Every shroud I've tried with on a Surefire tailcap has been a little awkward due to the long travel of the Surefire switches. That's still true of this extension, but the wider opening around the button helps. I imagine it will work well with the shorter travel of a McClicky. This shroud is definitely usable. It's very secure on the tailcap, and does make for good grip.

I have no experience machining delrin, so I don't know if a mm or two could be taken off the diameter without reducing it's rigidity. A little more narrow extension would be my preference, but I wonder if that might reduce the size of the opening around the button, and make it a little more awkward to use.

Overall, nice work. I've tried a scalloped Leaf, RPM, and another no-name, tail-standing C-series compatible tailcap, and at least for the U2, I prefer the stock Z59 + this extension.

Last edited:

Kindle

Enlightened
Received a Z41 shroud with the clip today.

I just wanted to verify about how much force is necessary to install these on a G2 tail cap.

It looks like I'm going to have to place a board or something similar over the shroud & then use a hammer to pound it into place (or preferably a rawhide/rubber hammer if I had one handy).

Does that sound about right?

Last edited:

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a Z41 shroud with the clip today.

I just wanted to verify about how much force is necessary to install these on a G2 tail cap.

It looks like I'm going to have to place a board or something similar over the shroud & then use a hammer to pound it into place (or preferably a rawhide/rubber hammer if I had one handy).

Does that sound about right?

I think you are supposed to place the shroud in a plastic baggie & place it in boiling water for a few minutes so it is easier to put on the light. Once it cools it's on tight!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks FT.

Yes, some tailcaps are a bit larger diameter than others, thus it takes more force to get them on.

Boiling the shroud first will ease installation.

Kindle

Enlightened
I think you are supposed to place the shroud in a plastic baggie & place it in boiling water for a few minutes so it is easier to put on the light. Once it cools it's on tight!

Thanks FT.

Yes, some tailcaps are a bit larger diameter than others, thus it takes more force to get them on.

Boiling the shroud first will ease installation.

Thanks for the assistance gentlemen!

Kindle

Enlightened
Update:

Popped the tailcap in the freezer overnight & placed the shroud in boiling water for 5 minutes or so (the clip made it easy to pluck out of the water, although I wouldn't recommend doing it bare handed)...

Placed on a flat surface with a bit of balsa over top & slid on with two taps of the hammer.

Thanks again!

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
We still have a few of these left to give your light a great barbell grip and tail standing function.

yifu

Enlightened
PP sent for another one of these as per PM! Unique Transaction ID # 66H31391GF186472X

TriChrome

Enlightened
Since Yifu just bought one a couple weeks ago I assume they're still available. I'll take:

3B. BLASTED - AVAILABLE

Sent PayPal, Unique # XXXXX
180423L