New Fenix Digital Series! P1D and P1D CE with Cree XR-E !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledvador

Newly Enlightened
$70 for P1D-CE?...that's realy cheap!...
1,93 lumen per $ vs 0,32 lumen per $ given by HDS U60 what is your choice?
I did mine.

It will be interesting if Fenix decide to realise a 2AA body with cliky swicth or twisty action.
Would be great to get a level programable version with OEM fenix circuit or Flupic mod and TI body as CPF OR Special edition version.
David do you think or ask to Fenix if they have a plan for this feature in the future?

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also think this is a VERY reasonable price when you factor in all the featueres and consider that there is NOTHING out there that even compares to this light.

Pre-ordered (or should I say Cree-ordered :laughing: ) mine.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
Hey, folks, please be nice and purchase one P1D CE. I see some folks buying a whole bunch.
Be nice and share please. :)
4Sevens, would it make sense to have some kind of quota? (e.g. order 1 get 1, order 5 get 2, order 10 get 4 etc.) until supplies have stabilised?
Anyway, I am sure you will do the best you can for your customers as usual.

Brum

Newly Enlightened
garageguy said:
I'm holding off too, much more $$ than I had hoped for.
What did you hope for then? This is the only option Fenix has, the Cree is 'better' then a Luxeon, hence the increased pricetag. Cost of the emitter has nothing to do with this since Fenix still has to sell Luxeon lights. I think the pricing is pretty fair, it'll be a while before (if ever) there will be another MFG that will have a Cree based light of the same quality for less $$$...
Nontheless, I'm holding off too. Awaiting the natural P1DCE's. It was very tempting however. Luckily I'm in school now, without my Paypal password or CC#. :whistle:

Last edited:

cbdudley

Enlightened
I'm in on the preorder. Glad to see that the CPF5 coupon works as well.

I really wanted one with the natural finish, but that is a good excuse to order another one in a few months.

Thanks to David (4Sevens) for making this happen and giving CPF members first shot at these.

Last edited:

chadwide

Newly Enlightened
YES!!!!! got one. I knew checking this thread every couple of hours would pay off!

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
This is tempting but still just being a flashlight 'enthusiast' I can hold off until the Cree shows up in a wider variety of flashlights. I must admit tho - the P1D-CE looks like the ideal EDC. Will anxiously be awaiting reviews on this. I suspect by the time my tax return comes in the dust should have settled pretty well.

Colorado Fatboy

Newly Enlightened
Another P1D CE spoken for here!

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

:goodjob: 4SEVENS!

Last edited:

dig-it

Newly Enlightened
I`m just not one of those that has to have the latest and greatest. I can wait till the supply overtakes the demand. I`m sure it`ll be a fine light.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The site took my pre-order, hopefully I made the first 200...

sb0007

Newly Enlightened
Oh man with such posts, really very tempted to take out my cc and make a payment. But a big factor still influencing me is that I prefer to see the initial level to a low instead of normal.

My usage range from checking baby gal in the nite, so a low level is needed not to disturb her and blind myself.

Then a normal approx. 30-40 lumens for work related inspection. (of course this can be higher output but need to balance between runtime)

Oh.... temptations on trying this light first is in my mind again...... :awman:

ledvador

Newly Enlightened
David,
I get another question...
I don't know if it had already asked, does the P1D-CE get a reflector optimised for the XR-E or is it the same reflector as the P1D?

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledvador said:
David,
I get another question...
I don't know if it had already asked, does the P1D-CE get a reflector optimised for the XR-E or is it the same reflector as the P1D?
111085488-L.jpg

GaAppraiser

Newly Enlightened
I guess this is a fitting 1st post. I just got my name on one. To bad there won't be enough to get for Christmas gifts. I didn't even think about using the CPF code... oh well.

I am newish to the flashlight craze but it seems to me that $70 for a light with this kind pf output is great.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts