New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

srfreddy

Enlightened
I had a post removed from this thread with pics as well. :thinking: I've never seen a site so tightly moderated.

Can this site not handle pics or something? It really blows when I'm at work because all file storage sites are blocked at my workplace, so I can never see any of the pics. :thumbsdow

Proxies?

3Diver

Newly Enlightened
Man that TK41 is going to be an awesome snorkeling light! I have yet to try my TK35 in the river because it came out in the winter time. My TK40 & TK45 have been in the Delaware river many times last summer with zero issues.

Have used mine for over 30+ trips now with no problems, like sfreddy said get stainless screws but make sure it holds the back plate down flush to the body after you taken it off to grease it, or else use silicone or marine grease and just plug the screw holes, am eagerly waiting for the TK41 to come out too use that for some snorkel sessions, currently waiting on a solarforce m8 xml but taking more then 3 weeks already for delivery not happy :(

utlgoa

Enlightened
I had a post removed from this thread with pics as well. :thinking: I've never seen a site so tightly moderated.

Can this site not handle pics or something? It really blows when I'm at work because all file storage sites are blocked at my workplace, so I can never see any of the pics. :thumbsdow

This picture been up on this thread since 3/15/2011.
tk70.jpg

The fact that www.fonarik.com no longer has the interior beam shots of the TK70 posted, leads me to suspect that the light will be re-designed (probably due to negative comments).

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I have 5 Fenix lights (2xE10, LD25, LD40, TK35) already and as the stream flows like this I am very likely to be buying a TK41 also. Fonarik beamshots show a very much improved throw over TK35's and runtimes are even better. But as soon as I got my LD40 (4xAA) light in my hands I realized that having to put that so many AAs into the carrier could cause my troubles in the pitch black of the night. I just can't think of me trying to put in 8 AA batteries in such a dark situation. I'd love to see Fenix sell empty battery holders for their lights.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! The pics were down on that site when I looked a few days ago. Looks like the TK41 should smoke it in throw! Should make for a good middle ground light between my TK45 and Masterpiece Pro 1.
So does that potentially make the TK41 Fenix's best thrower?

The TK45 should have darn near the same throw as your MP Pro1 according to the Fenix numbers. Yes, it is by far the best Fenix thrower. The numbers should be pretty acurate because they are measured according to the new ANSI standard. According to the numbers, the TK41 is going to be one of the best mass production LED throwers on the market right now. Impressive if it comes true.

recDNA

Flashaholic
This picture been up on this thread since 3/15/2011.

The fact that www.fonarik.com no longer has the interior beam shots of the TK70 posted, leads me to suspect that the light will be re-designed (probably due to negative comments).

I hope you're right. TK70 is ridiculous but I would like a big super-powered Fenix.

g.p.

Enlightened
Not even close. The MP1 is a laser beam and the TK45 is mostly flood. There isn't much out there that comes close to the MP1.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I meant is the new TK41 will throw darn near the same as a Pro1. Sorry, I meant to say TK41 above - not TK45. duh! TK45 is a flood light.

srfreddy

Enlightened
What I meant is the new TK41 will throw darn near the same as a Pro1. Sorry, I meant to say TK41 above - not TK45. duh! TK45 is a flood light.

The lux may be similar, but I guess that the MPP-1 will probably have a lower beam spread.

r1derbike

Newly Enlightened
TK41 looks tempting, but 8 "AA"? I'll have to admit, the size/ergo factor is there, but I'm not a huge fan of "AA" power, even though I have many small lights that use 1,2, or 3 of them.

18650 in the TK15 has really changed my mind about power solutions. I've seen series/parallel 18650s, used in laptops, with no issues, with the balance circuits. Are there any lights out there that use this setup, with chargers such as used in the RC industry, with balance taps/connectors?

I have a Bantam BC-8 and a chinese clone that charge nearly every battery I own. Many possitilities with all the wiring harnesses I've cobbled together.

Charles

Last edited:

g.p.

Enlightened
I see! The TK41 should rock!
TK41 looks tempting, but 8 "AA"? I'll have to admit, the size/ergo factor is there, but I'm not a huge fan of "AA" power, even though I have many small lights that use 1,2, or 3 of them.

18650 in the TK15 has really changed my mind about power solutions. I've seen series/parallel 18650s, used in laptops, with no issues, with the balance circuits. Are there any lights out there that use this setup, with chargers such as used in the RC industry, with balance taps/connectors?

I have a Bantam BC-8 and a chinese clone that charge nearly every battery I own. Many possitilities with all the wiring harnesses I've cobbled together.

Charles
I don't see why you would need balance connectors. That is only for when you are charging cells that are hooked together in series. Since you still charge them sperately, they will be at the same voltage when you put them into the flashlight and not out of balance like packs can become over time.

g.p.

Enlightened
Thats seems about right......so I'm justified in needing a TK41 to go along with my TK45!

r1derbike

Newly Enlightened
G.P., I don't have the chargers to charge each 18650 individually. The series charging/balance connectors would work for me, as I already have two chargers I could charge up to 8 in series at a whack, balanced of course.

Last edited:

Flashaholic_71

Newly Enlightened
What are good AA batt to put in a tk41 any good rechargable ones??or charger ??? sorry for the newbie question. Ive never had a flashlight that takes so many AA im more of an 18650's and cr123's.