New Fenix XM-L flashlights - TK21, TK41 and TK70

SbFlashLightGuy

Newly Enlightened
Think a new light needs a snazzy new lanyard - no green on this xml, but i use it outside and not indoors on white walls.

P1050807.jpg

No green on both my lights tk21,tk41

scotto

Newly Enlightened
Think a new light needs a snazzy new lanyard - no green on this xml, but i use it outside and not indoors on white walls.

Looks great! Not really convinced that the lanyard does much for it's sex appeal though :p

Quick question for you Kingfisher (or anyone else that owns the TK21) is the flat bezel on the head replaceable?? From what I can gather it isn't and I haven't seen the accessories available (although it's probably a bit early for them yet I guess).

Thanks!

SbFlashLightGuy

Newly Enlightened
Looks great! Not really convinced that the lanyard does much for it's sex appeal though :p

Quick question for you Kingfisher (or anyone else that owns the TK21) is the flat bezel on the head replaceable?? From what I can gather it isn't and I haven't seen the accessories available (although it's probably a bit early for them yet I guess).

Thanks!

The front part of the bezel is not replaceable, there is nothing to unscrew either.

pageyjim

Enlightened
I too got my TK41 today. Mine has a greenish hue on the lowest mode, while other modes look fine. Both switches work like clockwork and both require the same amoung of pressure to click. I need to take it outside this evening along with my M3C4 to do a comparison. The hot spot of the TK41 is noticeably brighter than that of the M3C4 - I know this much.

What was the outcome? I suspect the TK 41 won but I am curious by how much.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
Just got my tk41 today and I'm extremely happy with it. No greens, only a whitish hotspot and a cool corona. Everything works the way I'd like it to. Just from white wall observations my tk41 also looks to have a more intense hotspot than my eagletac. Ill have to wait until the sun goes down to tell for sure

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
Just got my tk41 today and I'm extremely happy with it. No greens, only a whitish hotspot and a cool corona. Everything works the way I'd like it to. Just from white wall observations my tk41 also looks to have a more intense hotspot than my eagletac. Ill have to wait until the sun goes down to tell for sure

I too have found my TK41 to have a more intense spot than my M3C4 XM-L on a white wall, but have found out that for a long distance target (tree tops) my M3C4 did a slightly better job of illuminating said target. Let me know what you find out. We're not talking a significant difference, but enough to be noticed though. On my end, me, my girlfriend and my bother-in-law have noticed this.

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed but I searched and searched.

Is the strobe mode on the TK21 a dual frequency strobe? [Goes back and forth between two different frequencies.]

PCS

Newly Enlightened
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed but I searched and searched.

Is the strobe mode on the TK21 a dual frequency strobe? [Goes back and forth between two different frequencies.]
I just checked. Yes it is.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Me neither, but it works for the photo - may change it to a black reflective paracord, or olive green or blue...I get a bit OCD with lanyards for some reason.

AusKipper

Enlightened
well I got my TK41 today, and mine is purple/blue as oppose to green around the edges on high, the hotspot appears white, even on low it appears white, so i'm not really not to worried.

I imagine once i'm outside and using it i wont notice really.

Also, its noticeably brighter in both spill and spot than my TK40, though the TK40 has a larger hotspot (probably twice as large in area)

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
I said I'd update you on my outdoor testing/comparison of the M3C4 XM-L and TK-41 and being a man of my word, here goes :

I just wanted to say that I've tested both my Eagle Tac M3C4 XM-L and TK-41 last night in very low humidity weather condition and in an awesome location (overlooking a large field, bordered by trees, so we could really see far in the distance) and the TK-41 has a slight yet noticeable edge over the M3C4 so far as throw goes. The M3C4 sample has a bit of a dark spot in it's hot spot, while the TK-41 doesn't. Overall, I do prefer the beam pattern on the TK-41 - good balance between great throw and some decent spill.

SbFlashLightGuy

Newly Enlightened
I said I'd update you on my outdoor testing/comparison of the M3C4 XM-L and TK-41 and being a man of my word, here goes :

I just wanted to say that I've tested both my Eagle Tac M3C4 XM-L and TK-41 last night in very low humidity weather condition and in an awesome location (overlooking a large field, bordered by trees, so we could really see far in the distance) and the TK-41 has a slight yet noticeable edge over the M3C4 so far as throw goes. The M3C4 sample has a bit of a dark spot in it's hot spot, while the TK-41 doesn't. Overall, I do prefer the beam pattern on the TK-41 - good balance between great throw and some decent spill.

So your going to keep the TK41?

pageyjim

Enlightened

So you're going to keep the M3C4?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I use my tk40's close up so the smaller hotspot doesn't appeal to me but I'm intrigued by the tk70.