New light from Fenix, the LD30, looks pretty nice

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I'm getting ready to pre order one of these, scheduled to be available around Sept. 11, 2019. I have 7 other Fenix lights, and have been very satisfied with every one.

This one looks like a sure winner. One of the smallest 18650 lights they've made, with tail switch, side switch, clip that can be used on a ball cap, 1600 Lumens, and great runtimes. Kinda like a PD35-Tac, but smaller and more powerful.

I've been using Fenix's new hat clip on the E16 I just got, and it works great. Almost eliminates the need to hold a light with one's teeth.

I've always liked Fenix's selection of mode stages. Usually lots of selection with med to low modes that provide great runtimes. The beams are usually great, and the lights seem to keep getting smaller and lighter. Very much looking forward to the LD30. Anyone else going to pre-order one?

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-ld30-flashlight-1600-lumens/

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
Very tempted. I like the output per the battery type.

The thing that bums me with the LD30, same with the PD36R, is the lowest mode is 30 lumens. Way too bright for dark-adapted vision. That alone is why I went with a PD35 v2.

secamp32

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this light has memory or if it goes to turbo each time the tail switch is pressed? I'm looking for a light that goes to turbo when the tail switch is pressed and on low when the side switch is pressed like the Olight M2T Warrior but smaller.

colight

Enlightened
Hi there,

As I know, the light features memory circuit, so it won't go to turbo each time it is pressed on tail switch.

colight

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this light has memory or if it goes to turbo each time the tail switch is pressed? I'm looking for a light that goes to turbo when the tail switch is pressed and on low when the side switch is pressed like the Olight M2T Warrior but smaller.

Hi there,

As I know, the light features memory circuit, so it won't go to turbo each time it is pressed on tail switch.