new light on the horizon?

archer6817j

Enlightened
Yeah this is just (a) a preview and (b) allows people to sign up for stock notifications. This also gives us some info about what people are most interested in.

Be advised, a notification is specific to the body style you choose, so you may need to sign up more than once if you'd be interested in more than one style. No guarantees on what finishes/styles will get released though
:)

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Delta options are currently listed on his website (as out-of-stock).

Yeah this is just (a) a preview and (b) allows people to sign up for stock notifications. This also gives us some info about what people are most interested in.

Be advised, a notification is specific to the body style you choose, so you may need to sign up more than once if you'd be interested in more than one style. No guarantees on what finishes/styles will get released though
There is a new category on the website: Delta Flashlights (18350)

There are a ton of options listed!

Each Delta product can be signed up for individually to receive stock notifications. Here's a graphic posted below.

pic link

Thank You for taking the time to get in stock notifications up and running :D

tyu

Newly Enlightened
gives us some info about what people are most interested in.

I've become quite fond of the ready-made body. Did the thread cut not end up looking good with the body of the delta?

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
That Timascus light is so incredibly gorgeous, it's literally a sin that it isn't going to be in production on any level. One is not enough for the whole world!

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the website there is a pic with a full sized alpha, a shorty alpha, and this new delta... its actually quite a bit smaller than i had thought it was.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the website there is a pic with a full sized alpha, a shorty alpha, and this new delta... its actually quite a bit smaller than i had thought it was.
Yup. That's a 7 year culmination of engineering, research, and development to produce the advanced smaller Delta design. I can't wait to try one ;)

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
will batteries need to be loaded from the tail now? seems that the alternative, unscrewing the heat sink, might be a pain.

I wish I could afford my excellent taste in flashlights. :p

~ Chance

5xbkLpl.jpg

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
We will make more, but not a lot :)

I'm so glad to hear that. I would love to get my hands on one. That Delta is the best looking example of using layered metals I've ever seen. It was love at first site. The copper pill and titanium clip makes the most incredibly beautiful contrast against the Timascus. For some reason I feel like a carbon black or contrasting engine red or maybe even dare I say a canary yellow boot would look good on that light...

Jason, any chance the graphite thermal pad might make its way into the Alpha flashlights perhaps as part of the Alpha upgrade program?

Newguy2012

Enlightened
You mean 319a. I don't see 319C in the nichia's catalogue. The hex die looks interesting. Do you know what kind optic the light will use? Is it a tight and narrow beam angle?

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean 319a. I don't see 319C in the nichia's catalogue. The hex die looks interesting. Do you know what kind optic the light will use? Is it a tight and narrow beam angle?
I will check into the bins available.

There will be choices:
OPTICS:

The Delta is assembled with your choice of optical beam angle. The narrow optic will give you the most range and smallest hotspot. The wide optic will give broad flood of light over the entire beam, with a slight bias towards brightness in the center.

1. Narrow: 26 Degrees beam angle
  2. Medium: 33 Degrees beam angle
  3. Wide: 46 Degrees beam angle

Last edited:

Newguy2012

Enlightened
W
I will check into the bins available.

There will be choices:
OPTICS:

The Delta is assembled with your choice of optical beam angle. The narrow optic will give you the most range and smallest hotspot. The wide optic will give broad flood of light over the entire beam, with a slight bias towards brightness in the center.

1. Narrow: 26 Degrees beam angle
  2. Medium: 33 Degrees beam angle
  3. Wide: 46 Degrees beam angle

Which beam angle is closest to the Alpha MCE?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
W

Which beam angle is closest to the Alpha MCE?
You're trying to compare different optics of the Delta with a TIR lens against the Alpha with the Ledyl Boom reflector. I currently have a Triple Nichia 219C and XM-L Neutral White with the Ledil to compare against. I had an MC-E Neutral, and the hotspot is comparably between the Triple Nichia 219C and the Ledil Boom with the XM-L, or expressing a different way, the MC-E is between the 46° and the 33° to my eyes.

Edit: I will try my best to get some pics to replace my lips :D

Last edited: