New Malkoff MDC in the works.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The input voltage is 3.4 to 9 volts. The runtime on two CR123 batteries is approximately 1.5 hrs. It will easily illuminate objects at 600+ feet and will blind opponents within a 150 foot radius. The LED is a Cree XP-E2.

E2T specs. .600+ feet!

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone could clarify please, these new throw heads aren't dropins like M60/M61 but complete and sealed units like Wildcat/Hound Dog, yes?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MD throw heads deliver roughly comparable lux as the E2DL Ultra.

The MD throw head has a removable drop-in of a similar design as the M60. I posted photos about a week ago in the General Malkoff thread.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, saw your post. Thanks. Although I can't find it on the Malkoff site as a stand alone dropin.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't for sale separately that I've seen. Since it doesn't fit Surefire and other hosts, I don't see much reason to sell it separately.

Forrest, I didn't apply the fingerprint for you, but I did think of ya when I saw it.

It cleaned the lens before I put it back together.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for my meds!

Oh man, bro, if you can just detox 18 months, there will be harder stuff.... I promise! The Jones must reduce a little.... come on, just a more powerful build, amirite?

EDIT: Was talking about the steadily increasing lumen output... Oh man. :( Flashahol detox is the worst.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
On an opposite note...

Any solid diffuser solutions for the MDC? No bottle caps please, something purpose built?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the SF F04 fit ?

So ... no scotch tape, then ?

Yes, I should have precluded that one as I knew it would come up first.

No scotch tape.

IDK, I have this wild urge to stick something on the front. anyone have a nice pic of that SS crenelated bezel? That would look really cool in black.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Film canister sized on sizing block for cutting correctly
Of course you have to find a camera store and con a few out of them but I have several of these cut in different sizes and they work great every time.
My block says the MDC is between 1" and 1 1/8" so I would just cut at 1" and sand to fit tightly.
bd37783b20e62911460e0c3ad6d787a4.jpg
8632d517704b1719b6d5b5ccb76a55c6.jpg

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice AVS, but not exactly what I was looking for, although most definitely a crafty and useful candle.

Im looking for a flip up version like SF has. Maybe there is something 1'' in the gun scope market. Although, it would likely have to be modded to a diffuser as I don''t see a scope cover coming in a diffuser format.

Latest posts