New Princeton LEDs

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funk:
Craig - the last picture is the Princeton Lens with and LS?????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup... first with the lens facing forward (as it does on the flashlight) then with the lens backwards - so the open end of the threaded bezel is facing away from the LS.

The LS itself was run at a very modest 130mA or so to prevent the image from blooming into an amorphous white blob, which would tell nothing.
smile.gif

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah i was going to say all you have to do to convert a regular LED flashlight to a 'beam' type is mount a lense some distance away from the led in front of the flashlight.
I have found the shorter focal length lenses to work pretty good. I found one lense on a 'hands free' pc board holder that is about 2 inches in diameter. Holding it about 3 inches in front of the led projects a really nice clean beam from the led about twice as wide as the Brinkmann. It takes a little careful adjustment to find the exact distance, but it works really great.

--Al