New streamlight 3w tasklight

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... so the TL 3L's beam is actually more narrow than that of the T3? That's almost unbelievable!

We're going to need some beamshots from someone that has both.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cratz2 said:
Wow... so the TL 3L's beam is actually more narrow than that of the T3? That's almost unbelievable!

We're going to need some beamshots from someone that has both.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, BrightGuy list the beam of the T2-L(3watt) as being wide???

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
Does anyone know hoe the 2L Lux III's beam compares to a new style Surefire KL1? Thanks

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

And what about how the SL 2L compares to the SF L2/L4? I'd rather have the 2L produce a nice smooth flawless beam like the L2 and L4 produce, rather than the ugly square hotspot/ringy sidespill that the new KL1 produces.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
So, a 2-level is probably the ANSWER for me. I'm surprised that there aren't more decent ones on the market. I am tempted to try the SF L2, but a few things are momentarily holding me back: cost; only 15 lumens on low beam---can I walk my nighttime trail with that?; I don't understand how the tail switch works---for constant "on", can you twist the tail cap with one hand? I would appreciate any comments from L2 owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

15 lumens is PLENTY IMO for walking on your nighttime trail. The lowly 2D Maglite is only rated at 18 lumens with the stock bulb and fresh batteries.

Having used a Surefire L2 every day, I feel that the low setting is plenty of light for 99% of my uses. I rarely use the high setting. I'd suggest at least considering an L2 some day.

zblades

Newly Enlightened
I've had my light for several weeks now and I like it alot! I had a pelican m6 led and my streamlight blows it away. It is much whiter and brighter. I like the way it is regulated it dosn't seem to have diminishing brightness as u use it like my m6. Try it you'll like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine a couple days ago and I really like it. Using it in the low mode I can easily walk through the wooded trails at night and there is no flicker as BrightNorms Review states. On High Mode it is plenty bright with really good throw...

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not consider the 2L right now. The main thing holding me back is the wrong order in switching. Low beam should be first. I know that you can "double-click", but for this price -- no.

As far as two-stage lights go, I just love my Surefire L2.

To AFAustin: The low beam of the L2 is fairly bright. But it's a flood light. I can light up a room at night, but I don't know if the throw on low would be enough for your purposes.

The tailcap works extremely easy, though you have to hold light overhand (tactical, thumb on the button). You can turn the tailcap easily with thumb and forefinger. By turning the tailcap from the lock-out position, you'll get the following modes in order:

0) Lock out.
1) Momentary low, high is locked out.
2) Momentary low by pressing the button halfway, pressing harder gives momentary high.
3) Low constant on, momentary high by pressing button.
4) High constant on.

I mostly carry the light in mode 2, with practically no unwanted activation. In use, I like mode 3. It's one of the most functional switches I can think of.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
In any event, the TL 2-L gets high preliminary marks in my book---~B+ to A-. Dukester, if you're out there, I think you're gonna like traipsing over your acreage with this one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I got mine this last Wednesday and I can easily negotiate through the wooded trails in low mode. The light has really lived up to it's expectations and then some, really happy with it... You can't beat the price compared to other competition that will cost roughly 2/3rds more. The switch from high to low mode is a minor inconvience that I am willing to endure when you factor in the price...