New Tigerlight questions!

SuRgE

Enlightened
Received my 11" Tigerlight today and got a couple of questions.

1) The o-ring is visible and not enclosed under the bezel ring like my 8" Tigerlight. Is this correct?
confused.gif

2)Anyone else get a letter with your 11" that states you got a non-100% quality lamp and would receive a new one in 120 days? I am alittle disapointed with this cause an expensive light coming from the manufacturer in my opinion should be first rate no matter what.
confused.gif

Any info would be helpful.
smile.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I received the same letter with a purchase of two lamp modules directly from TigerLight. I had requested that the lamp modules be the 2nd generations ones, but it's not clear if the letter relates to my TigerLight purchase or to my lamp module purchase. Will I get 1, 2, or 3 free lamp modules when they're available?

I originally put WriteRight on the lens to clean up the beam, but thought this a waste after getting a higer quality lens, and was concerned about heat affecting the WriteRight.

(edit) I just tried both new lamp modules, and the beam quality is definitely worse than the original. These can't be the new lamp modules. I've got to say that this is one very bright light, though. I'm looking forward to receiving the new lamp modules.

(edit) But this "definitely worse" is still much better than the average flashlight. Back to WriteRight, but very happy with the product.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened
Originally posted by SuRgE:
I am alittle disapointed with this cause an expensive light coming from the manufacturer in my opinion should be first rate no matter what.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The standard solution for most manufacturers is to leave the letter out.

I can guarantee that TL likes this even less than you do - it's going to cost them a lot of money. Yet, the reality of the manufacturing business says that a 3-month shutdown is to be avoided at all costs, and as I say, the usual answer is to "ship what you got and see if anybody notices". TL is admitting it's not as good as they want it be and are promising to make good.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by James Van Artsdalen:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by SuRgE:
I am alittle disapointed with this cause an expensive light coming from the manufacturer in my opinion should be first rate no matter what.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The standard solution for most manufacturers is to leave the letter out.

I can guarantee that TL likes this even less than you do - it's going to cost them a lot of money. Yet, the reality of the manufacturing business says that a 3-month shutdown is to be avoided at all costs, and as I say, the usual answer is to "ship what you got and see if anybody notices". TL is admitting it's not as good as they want it be and are promising to make good.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And that is good business practice which will pay off in good will, and more sales in the future.

So few companies seem willing to admit when they make a mistake; but I think the vast majority of people are far more willing to be forgiving if the manufacturer is up front about a manufacturing problem, rather than trying to see what they can get away with; and then only replacing 'less than perfect', (or even good) merchandise when a customer makes a determined complaint. Tiger Light is taking the best possible approach in a bad situation, and even though I don't own one of their lights, I respect their business integrity.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Surge,

The oring that slips under the lens ring is one of the minor changes we did to deal with the o-ring pinching.

Sorry about the lamp module situation. The manufacturer of the reflector for some reason didn't quite get it to spec. on their last run. It is still bright and functional, but not to our standards. We try to use american companies for our components and the reflector was actually manufactured in Chicago by a company that has been in business since 1946. I talked to them today about correcting the problem... They are going out of business, they say they can't compete with China.

Needless to say, we had to do some work and the new manufacturer will be on line soon.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Originally posted by TigerLight Pro:
Surge,

The oring that slips under the lens ring is one of the minor changes we did to deal with the o-ring pinching.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, the concealed o-ring is the new design?

Is there a concealed o-ring version for the 11"?

Is there suppose to be a o-ring at the pepper spray end cap side? Mine has no o-ring and I wonder if this effects the lights water resistance.

Also, will the new lamp module stated in our letter automatically be sent out or do we have to remind Tigerlight in 120 days?
icon3.gif

SuRgE

Enlightened
Forgot to ask , is there suppose to be an 0-ring between the pepper spray switch and the flashlight housing? I noticed the nozzle doesn't line up with the on and off switch for the light when I screw down the endcap all the way.

The pepper spray works great! If the bezel o-ring issues and the lamp module problems get resolved in the future, I'll buy
wink.gif
more 11" versions.

bayouboy88

Newly Enlightened
SuRgE,

I looked at my light this morning and mine does not have an O-ring between the switch and housing either and my nozzle does not line up with the on/off switch either. I hadn't really noticed so guess it doesn't bother me. I will say the more I use the light the more I like it. After a week of use I had to clean it last night. So much for a light just to look at....

Kevin

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by TigerLight Pro:
Surge,

Needless to say, we had to do some work and the new manufacturer will be on line soon.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">TIGERLIGHTPRO-my FBOP shipped this week, when i called to check tracking info i was told i got a "good" lamp module. what gives?
icon3.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Tombeis:
tkl:

Oh,Oh. Better order a Surefire!
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you sf guys are so sensitive.....and hold a grudge.
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by tkl:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TigerLight Pro:
Surge,

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">TIGERLIGHTPRO-my FBOP shipped this week, when i called to check tracking info i was told i got a "good" lamp module. what gives?
icon3.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bump

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
tom, i know.
wink.gif
everybody here is too nice to be mad at anyway.
winkie.GIF

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by tkl:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TigerLight Pro:
Surge,

icon3.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">randy replied to my email, they got a few in spec lamps and i was the lucky one.
grin.gif