Newbie looking for powerful LED light

rlhess

Enlightened
Well, I've become addicted to LED lights! Lambda and others have convinced me to join the forum.

I have a MiniFlashLED that I've modified with a wide angle milky LED from TheLEDLight for bedtime reading.

My sons have Technical Associates PR2 lamps in Radio Shack 2C flashlights and really like them.

I have an Inova X5 and think it's great--it lights up an area nicely. MUCH better than an AA minimag light.

However, I also have a 6D Maglight which is a bit heavy (unless you need something heavy) that has a very far-reaching beam.

I've been considering Lambda's modified Brinkman 2AA when he goes back into production. I also see Luxeon mods to the minimag--does anyone DO one of those, or is it just a DIY project (which I'll pass on--I'd rather spend my time restoring old tapes
smile.gif
smile.gif

So your thoughts would be appreciated. It looks as if the Lambda is the best at the moment.

OR Should I go for an SureFire E2e and stay incandescent for a while. I think the E2e is more powerful than the 6 cell MAG but doesn't shine as long.

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks!

That is a great idea--however the Lambda land rush is on this week, so I may get one of those. They're almost as bright and cost less to operate. That way, I am not stuck just with 123 cells, too. AAs are still easier to come by. I'd put up with less life in the INOVA X5 if it used AAs and had a regulator.

By the way, how do you get to be a "flashoholic" on your member status? How many flashlights do you need to own
grin.gif
?

Thanks!

Richard

Post 10 messages on the forum!
grin.gif

Take a look at the LightWave 4000! 10 leds and 3 D cells!
shocked.gif

I wonder if Lambda would make colored illuminators instead of just white? a cyan one sure would be scary....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roy:
Post 10 messages on the forum!
grin.gif

Take a look at the LightWave 4000! 10 leds and 3 D cells!
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Roy!

I've been considering this, and it's about twice as bright as the INOVA from what I can see, but the problem with the LW4000 as I see it is that it "tosses" light out like the INOVA.

I
confused.gif
THINK
confused.gif
the lightwave is like that and I
confused.gif
THINK
confused.gif
the Lambda THROWS the light rather than tosses it. I understand from the other threads here that it's almost as bright as a SureFire E2e (that I don't yet own).

Anyway, Wednesday is order day for the Lambda and I'm pretty sure I'll get one.

THANKS!