Fiddleback

Enlightened
Thanks. I'm checking around on those spots now. I like the Inova lights I've seen, any comments appreciated.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now, Inovas are probably my favorite lights. I have 3 Inova X1, two old style one new which is my new pocket carry light, 2 X0s (in my two vehicles) and two X03's one next to the bed and one in a daily carry bag. They are built like tanks and I love the throw/output/run time ratio in each model. I do not need one but I keep thinking about an X5, lol.

Robban

Enlightened
Just checked my latest purchases on the VISA. Turns out I've spent about $80 the last three days on parts, not flashlights, PARTS (17650 + charger for the L4, 1185's and Kiu socket for the Mag85). The first light that had me drooling was a SureFire that I used in the military quite a few years ago. Back then I thought the pricetag was just short of insane and now I'm spending more than that on miscellaneus parts and accessories...

You have been warned.

carrot

Flashaholic
Target is a pretty good place to get lights at good prices. There's the River Rock 2AAA and the River Rock 2AAA headlamp, at $10 and $15, respectively... the Brinkmann Maxfire LX (Surefire G2 "clone") for $17... and some others. But the really cool lights are often cheapest online.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
That sounds like a good start! Next week you should be able to rationalize that $100 isnt to bad of a price to pay for some flashlights!:) And $140 isnt really that much more.......

Anyway welcome ,I found its best to buy the nicest lights you can. It will save you in the long run!! At least that worked for me , for now.:) I was wanting to try many different ones, then I broke down and bought a Lion cub! Now all others have a very high standard to measure up to!It does everything and more that I could ask from a light!

Lexus

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Fiddleback! :wave:

Just a few hints:
- Two is one and one is none!
- Buy 'em both!
You will soon figure out what I mean. ;)

If you get confused with all those acronyms, have a look here.

Last edited:

Fiddleback

Enlightened
No clue what a Lion Cub is. Anyway now I've got a Fenix L1P, and two Inovas (X1 and X5) on the way. Can't wait to see the Inova. Zulu recommends the Dorcy Super 1 Watt. Is that one waterproof?

dragn_lite

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fiddleback,

I'm new here also
Ya know I got a pair of knives from blade forum that have fiddleback maple handles from GL Drew
I also almost have as many flashlights as I do Khukuri's now lol
At least w/ flashlights you can get a lot of gr8 deals for $10-$30
and its legal to carry em just about anywhere
Tom

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Fiddleback said:
No clue what a Lion Cub is. Anyway now I've got a Fenix L1P, and two Inovas (X1 and X5) on the way. Can't wait to see the Inova. Zulu recommends the Dorcy Super 1 Watt. Is that one waterproof?

Ooooh, Lion Cubs. And the Lion Head. They were a limited edition flashlight made by Mr. Bulk. The Lion Head is a turbo head for them. They have just silly throw with the Lion Head. Even my wife, who really isnt into flashlights much (despite the QIII, HDS EDC B42, and Arc P in her purse) laughed out loud when she saw how much light it put out in a focused beam. You can do some searches here on them. Mr. Bulk has a new model, the Chameleon and Chameleon Head on sale at Lighthound now. They look like the Lion Cubs but the finish is different, my Lion Cub is raw or shiny aluminum and they also had brass. I think the internals are different. Im probably going to end up getting one but an thinking I may get a McLux first.

Last edited:

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Here is a link to lion cub review,It is a custom light with multi level illumination,many features. Runs on rechargables, momentary on, really bright for a pocket size light. Also cones has a lot of reviews on very nice lights.

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/

Please don't hotlink and don't quote entire articles.
B@rt

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
The Chameleon ,new model is avail from ighthound,for $189.The Lion cubs are found used for approx $150 to $200 sometimes a bit more depending on finish.

If you decide to try one you wont be dissapointed!

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I'd be disapointed when my wife shot me in the nutz. LOL. Naw, right now I'm still blown away by my Fenix L1P. I'll savor that newbism a bit more before spending 200 on a flashlight.

Latest posts