Next generation key chain lights

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
with the rate in which flashlight tech advances you literally have to update every 4 months to stay current.

Match Book Instruments HF-R ?
Surefire Titan?
Helios Light?.......(not sure about this guy though lol.. legit? seems not)

i guess now i have to update my key chain as well. currently i use an ITP a3 EOS and haven't had any issues but by the looks of things its dated technology.

dss_777

Enlightened
It's cool that others are innovating and developing new products, but I only upgrade if I need that feature or functionality. The little ARC AAA on my keychain has continued to light things up as needed, when needed for the last 10 years or so.

I tried replacing it with a new Mako Mk II, and sent it back, as I hated the UI and the looseness of the head when off.

New was not better, in this case.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You dont really need the latest tec. It's a number game. Numbers sell, but your eyes wont see mutch difference. Bought a lf2xt years ago, and dont find the latest and greatest mutch brighter. The next binned led is only some % brighter than the last. You need 4 times the output to precive a light as twice as bright, so some few % more is not visible.
If it's for bragging rights, yes you need it, if it's to help you see stuff in the dark, you dont :)

Shannan

Newly Enlightened
Yes mate it is a pain keeping up- but as long as the wallet doesn't mind than it can only be a good thing! something that befell me...

The old Fenix e05 AAA was a single mode 30 lumens. I thought mine was pretty cool and handy so i was nearly going to order several more, and then...

...The 2014 Fenix e05 was released that surpasses the former in almost every way, 3 modes with a high of 85 lumens down to a nice low of 8. I couldn't order one fast enough and i couldn't dump my old one fast enough haha

bring on the evolution!

Latest posts