Nikola truck batt fire

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, the irony! Apparently one of those Nikola (builds electric & hydrogen/fuel cell semi tractor trucks here in the area) trucks had a battery fire yesterday, while inside a building in Tempe where (get this) 'Arizona Lithium' (whoever they are) is located. Good to know the 'experts' have this all under control, huh?:) I had to laugh. Apparently there were no (reported) injuries, just the usual nightmare of trying to extinguish the thing, so I figure it's OK to laugh about it.

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Surprised that Nikola has survived numerous scandals once it became apparent that its CEO was a fraudster and there was ultimately nothing under the shells being shuffled atop the table - no engineering/production capacity for their concept vehicles, no actual plan to deliver green hydrogen at market-beating prices.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Nikola's early history suggests that its raison d'être was to separate venture capitalists from their money. They then committed the classic blunder of going public without an actual workable plan to fulfill the hype they had created, culminating in the indictment and ultimate conviction of their former CEO for securities + wire fraud.

Given the general lack of anything to show for themselves despite briefly having a market cap exceeding that of Ford Motor Company, I'm not inclined to believe that they have the chops to carry through on ... anything ... they've promised.