Nite Ize 1 watt luxeon LED drop-in bulb & IQ switch

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nite Ize 1watt upgrade

These are supposed to ship this week. They decent but the TLE-5's from TerraLUX are significantly brighter and only a few dollars more.

IdiotsAbound

Newly Enlightened

Anyplace in Canada that will be selling them? I have a couple of AAs that I want to upgrade.

I was gonna order a couple of them from Battery Junction,:drool: but when going thru the checkout it turns out the shipping fees would be almost twice the cost of the upgrade itself. :drool:

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

We have a dealer in Canada - shoot me a PM and I'll give you their contact info. They'll have them about 10 days after they land at our warehouse.

IdiotsAbound said:
Anyplace in Canada that will be selling them? I have a couple of AAs that I want to upgrade.

I was gonna order a couple of them from Battery Junction,:drool: but when going thru the checkout it turns out the shipping fees would be almost twice the cost of the upgrade itself. :drool:

Illum

Flashaholic

MattK said:
only a few dollars more.

that'll add up if someone wants an ideal modding platform for luxeon Dies and doesnt know what their doing...me, for example.:ohgeez:

If I ruin it...meh:whistle:
If I bought a TLE-V and ruined it :mecry:

LG&M

Enlightened

I got a email from Nite-Ize today " Thank you for your interest in Nite Ize. Regarding your inquiry, the Nite Ize 1-Watt L.E.D Upgrade will be available for sale on March 1st from our website at www.niteize.com under Flashlight Accessories, as well as from ZBattery at www.zbattery.com." Nothing about Target or Walmart at lest for my area. I would like to check one out or at lest see a review.

LG&M

Enlightened

Sorry Matt, that's what they wrote.. If I get one I will come to you first. I am already looking at your site for a few things any way.

Vickers

Enlightened

Anybody had any luck finding where to order these online?

I checked at the NiteIze site and if you click on "Shop Online" it takes you to a list of dealers, and when I go to the www.zbattery.com site it doesn't have it anywhere I look.

:wtf:

FLUXU

Newly Enlightened

I bought a N-I 3 led/tailswitch combo from Lighthound and only 2 leds worked. Lighthound sent me a replacement pack and all the leds worked but did not seem as bright as the 2 working leds. To top it off the tailcap switch works about 5% of the time. I'd try someone else.

Vickers

Enlightened

All of the 3-LED drop-ins I have from N-I work fine (about 7 or 8 altogether, all my kids have them).

I avoided the N-I tailcap switch as I heard there were problems and went with the TerraLUX (and they work great so far, only had them about a month).

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

We haven't listed them yet because they haven't arrived yet. I don't imagine Z-Battery has them either. We're all waiting on NI to ship out orders...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't seen anything at Target or Walmart yet. Also, I stopped by the local Fry's Electronics and they didn't have any there either. I actually talked with a guy that was stocking the Inova keychain lights and he actually seemed to know what he was talking about. I asked about the 1W Nite Ize upgrade and the new version of the Inova X1 with the, I assume, K2 emitter. He said he knew about the X1s but was told not to expect them for about a month (he also told me they had just received 80 of the old style X1s). He said he knew about the 1W upgrade from Nite Ize, but had been told there was no known ETA on their arrival.

They guy knew what he was talking about though. My HDS was away being modded at the time so I pulled out my Vital Gear FB2 with a TW0K-modded G&P module. He recognized the Vital Gear by sight and when I pulled out the 17670 cell, he asked if it was protected or not. Far and away the most knowledgable person I've ever met at Fry's.

Illum

Flashaholic

Vickers said:
Did you mention CPF to him? You might have just met ONE OF US!!!:laughing:

it is possible you know...:grin2:

Met someone in Target once before, whos apparent motive raises a spark of curiosity. normally people walk in, pick up what they need and leave. he came in to the flashlight aisle and started looking at the business end of each lights :eek:oo:

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I mentioned CPF. He didn't seem to know what I was talking about so I clearly said several times candlepowerforums dot com and suggested he join.

I've met four or five CPFers, but only once was it someone I just randomly met that happened to be a CPFer. Other than that one time, I arranged to meet them through or because of CPF.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

We should have a secret signal or handshake or something, to help us identify each other when out in the wild...

:candle:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heya guys,

Just wanted to let you know that these are finally shipping - our delivery is scheduled for 3/13 for both the 1W unit by itself and the 1W/IQ combo.

We'll get the listing on the website ASAP.

Nebula

Enlightened

New 1W FOUND.

Matt - I found a couple of the 1W Niteize pieces at my favorite computer center. They had one 1W, and several combos (1W and IQ switch). Naturally I could not resist buying them both just to have something to play with until your stock arrives. I did not have much time tonight, but can report that I like the new 1W. It's no TLE-5, but then it is not supposed to be. It works, puts out a decent amount of light, and the tint is more than acceptable. For me, the best news is the reflector. While it looks like the TerraLUX reflector, it is - IMHO -much better made. No imperfections, no flaking around the top and the coating is much more uniform.

Kirk

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic

Phaserburn said:
We should have a secret signal or handshake or something, to help us identify each other when out in the wild...

:candle:

A light beacon issued for every verified member so we can find each other and fight over flashlights in stores:ohgeez:

Nebula said:
New 1W FOUND.
Kirk

you didnt mention where/what store is your favoreite computer store:ohgeez: