Nitecore D20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Newly Enlightened
Same here. My allen set does not go that small and the included allen fits one screw perfectly but the other screw seems to have a wider screw hole. So there might be 2 different screws that were used.

Stromberg

Enlightened
I was under the impression that the ramping bug was fixed in D20? Well it doesn't seem so. If I fully tighten the lights head(and it goes directly to max) and then press and hold tailcap button, brightness doesn't decrease at all. Only after I press + hold the second time, it starts to dim down. Is this normal?:thinking:

Roland

Newly Enlightened
I was under the impression that the ramping bug was fixed in D20? Well it doesn't seem so. If I fully tighten the lights head(and it goes directly to max) and then press and hold tailcap button, brightness doesn't decrease at all. Only after I press + hold the second time, it starts to dim down. Is this normal?:thinking:
Mine does exactly the same.
But it does not always switch on on maximum brightness and when it switches on on a lower level (sometimes after a short time off only??) it ramps up to max fine.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run into this, and I usually blame myself for not pressing too firmly. Just recently I did press extra firm, and had to try a second time to get the dimming to work. I don't know whether or not it has to do with flaky contact at the ring, or some sort of mandatory delay required before ramping.

Regardless, it's a small annoyance on a very good light. I wouldn't let it influence my own purchase, but I might hesitate buying this light for a non-flashaholic.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Got mine last week ... it's a little brighter than my l2d-ce (as it should be)

Unfortunately, I don't know where my fenix is for direct comparison (darn kids) but i'm pretty impressed with the build quality. My old Fenix feels like a second class citizen compared to the Nitecore.

Overall, i'm happy with it and would order it again.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to add that I was able to get the screws out using standard pliers. It was rather easy actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.