Nitecore, did I make the right choice?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is nothing about the little nitecore that is too hyped up. It is super well made, super small and super bright for its size and has the best interface I've seen so far.

Is that enough for you?

:)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, after having owned the SF M6 and getting used to the 500 lumens, nothing seems enough. My friend said I am jaded, but hey one has got to understand that both of these lights are pocket size baby. And yes, after considering their size versus lumens output, I would say they are plenty awesome if the lumens specs are true.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
MIlky is extremely busy at the moment..he is very much in business :)

He is building another light for me, among numerous other orders. Milky's policy is that he doesnt bite off more then he can chew, meaning that he usually reads PMs, but doesnt reply saying he is ready to build it until he is ready to do it.

Crenshaw

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Crenshaw, I sort of suspected that is the case since he is so talked about here in CPF. I expected Milky to be very busy and I figured one could only do so much.

Based on your experience, how long does he take to reply a PM? I think the last time I sent him a PM was 15th May but I still have not gotten a reply.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it depends on how busy he is. He said before that often he reads all his PMs, but that he doesnt reply until he is ready, so that he can make sure it is a good, informative reply. I believe he also said, that if he were to be replying to his PMs etc everyday, it takes up far too much time that could be used for finishing mods. Patience i guess. My advice, is to get the Ex10/D10, and edc it, and when you do hear from milky, and settle stuff, send him the L1, and just be happy with your ex10/D10 for awhile.

My First Milky, ML1, took rouhgly two months (rough guess) from the day i first sent him a PM. This was due to my available funds from time to time, etc too. But,fwiw, i think i can say that i believe that milky does his absolute best to do everything right. :)

Crenshaw

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a Nitecore Extreme I might sell. Brand new

Ya, why do you want to sell it? Anyway, I just bought another Extreme after all the good reviews. Your post came in a bit too late.

What happened was I ordered the D10 & EX10 from another site which sold them to me for $79.95 each and I managed to find out about 4sevens site after I had placed the order. I realized that 4sevens is charging $59 each only. That is a savings of $20.95 which works out to $41.90 when I ordered 2 lights! I canceled my order them and placed an order with 4sevens instead. So with the savings I just topped up $40 more and included the Extreme in the package.

So now I am awaiting for the shipment of D10, EX10, and Extreme. Can't wait no more man!

Daark

Banned
Ya, why do you want to sell it? Anyway, I just bought another Extreme after all the good reviews. Your post came in a bit too late.

What happened was I ordered the D10 & EX10 from another site which sold them to me for $79.95 each and I managed to find out about 4sevens site after I had placed the order. I realized that 4sevens is charging $59 each only. That is a savings of $20.95 which works out to $41.90 when I ordered 2 lights! I canceled my order them and placed an order with 4sevens instead. So with the savings I just topped up $40 more and included the Extreme in the package.

So now I am awaiting for the shipment of D10, EX10, and Extreme. Can't wait no more man!

My new NiteCore Extreme has arrived today, Very nice little light. I looks like very good quality. Only one bad thing: It is hair and dust inside of the reflector? I hate dirty reflectors. And it's not possible to take apart and clean up inside? I can't loose the bezel ?
Thanks for any good advice.

It was very easy to understand how the lights work in the different mode. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts