NItecore EC1 = Less than quality experience

edacsac

Newly Enlightened
This way seems a little dishonest to me. Looks like someone else will be getting a used "new" light after they have been returned to the dealer. If there is actually something wrong with the light then return it, not just pick the best one that you like. Shady....

I agree, it is. But if I need something at a specific time, or since I've been lucky to receive a used "new" product in the past, I don't care as much anymore.

Shelm makes a good point above. Video proof really isn't needed, but if a retailer can't at least quickly evaluate a product, then maybe it's time to cut retailers, or maybe the B&R stores that are failing because they aren't offering anything value added need to be that line of defense.

I spent $60 on light that I now need to spend more money on to ship back to the retailer, I spent another $60+gas on a last minute replacement, that I really don't want, plus the time to drive to the specialty store and back and again to return it. That's a lot of penalty money and time for ordering a product and expecting it to work. Silly me, right? I'm waiting for an answer from the retailer for my return shipping label! Why should I pay for return shipping on a faulty product?

Everyone should expect more for their money.

Ok, enough complaining.

Last edited:

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Got my EC1 about a week ago, and what a great little light cannon it is. I can understand the roller coaster of emotions waiting for a new bit of kit, i really can. What i struggle to understand is why people start a thread throwing the company/supplier straight under the bus before they have giving the company a nano second of a chance to make matters right.

bradsystem

Newly Enlightened
iv got EC1 more than week ago,
and i can say its perfect,
theres no any cons with build quality..

but also got thrunite t21 - broken one - led not work, bezel was 1mm dislocated at one side. asked for replacement.. second one works but bezel is 1mm from body and cant fit it correctly.. thats bad, and thats something to post here..

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anybody tested the water-proofness of your EC1?

If someone would be so kind to test yours, I'd really appreciate it. :)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry OP, even if the reseller doesn't, nitecore will definitely take care of you!

This way seems a little dishonest to me. Looks like someone else will be getting a used "new" light after they have been returned to the dealer. If there is actually something wrong with the light then return it, not just pick the best one that you like. Shady....

+1

you just order ONE, accept what they send, & don't be too picky about the details (eg dust, emitter alignment, modes, fit & finsh etc.- it's not that big a deal)! & if in the .0001% chance there's legitimately something wrong with it (everyone makes an occasional lemon, even SF!), then just send it back & you WAIT for them to fix it or send out a replacement. Then instead of making a thread complaining about a defective light, you can make a thread praising how good their CS was! Win-win for everyone!

Nitecore!

:rock:

herosemblem

Enlightened
Perhaps I will get to experience the joy of mailing my new Nitecore SENS CR dud to China for repair. That will cost me additional time and money. A few months later, I will receive the light back and will get to tell everyone what a wonderful warranty experience I had. Yay! I am so excited.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last Nitecore died a few weeks ago. Of four Nitecores, all have failed inexplicably. The one I bothered to send for repair stopped working within two days of getting it back.

I will never buy another Nitecore.

BTW, all my Fenix lights still work.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last Nitecore died a few weeks ago. Of four Nitecores, all have failed inexplicably. The one I bothered to send for repair stopped working within two days of getting it back.

I will never buy another Nitecore.

BTW, all my Fenix lights still work.

Four? I'm thinking you just must have got a bad batch- & ANYONE can make one bad batch!

Fenix is good too though. No failures with fenix here either.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NItecore EC1 = Junk

Not really rubbishing them. For the price, I expect it work, and appreciate companies who sell items that work. None of this calculated failure/ deal with during service BS. If you folks don't mind wasting time with warranty and not having an item you ordered when you need it, more power to you.

I bought this light for a specific use this weekend. Now I don't have the light for this weekend and I'm going to have to figure something else out, and the retailer is going to lose this sale because I have to come up with an alternate plan and consequently won't be needing the replacement.

Ya, I went through this with camera lenses too. Buy a specific lens for a specific job, and it doesn't focus properly. Not enough time left to RMA the lens, and end up buying a few copies from different retailers and returning them all but the one that works properly after the job. Poor manufacturing jerks everyone down the line. It's not right, and shouldn't be accepted.

Do you honestly expect everything to always be perfect? Yes it's a real bummer it's faulty, however that's hardly proof that they all are or the company is. And I'm willing to bet the issues you've described are likely to be the exception not the norm.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NItecore EC1 = Junk

Perhaps I will get to experience the joy of mailing my new Nitecore SENS CR dud to China for repair. That will cost me additional time and money. A few months later, I will receive the light back and will get to tell everyone what a wonderful warranty experience I had. Yay! I am so excited.

have you ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? Do NOT go into this with a bad attitude, before you even have a problem?! Problem?!

Do you honestly expect everything to always be perfect? Yes it's a real bummer it's faulty, however that's hardly proof that they all are or the company is. And I'm willing to bet the issues you've described are likely to be the exception not the norm.
+1
Everyone with a problem goes to the internet to complain about it, while thousands of those with perfect n.c.'s don't, making it look worse than what it is. Is what it is.

herosemblem

Enlightened
Leon, I should have made it clear. My Nitecore SENS CR arrived two days ago, defective. With that now made clear, I have prophesized an excellent customer service experience, which began yesterday when I emailed the vendor. Will see what unfolds.

Not everyone goes to the net to complain. Some people do.
I look forward to the joy of using my Nitecore once I receive a unit that works.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leon, I should have made it clear. My Nitecore SENS CR arrived two days ago, defective. With that now made clear, I have prophesized an excellent customer service experience, which began yesterday when I emailed the vendor. Will see what unfolds.

Not everyone goes to the net to complain. Some people do.
I look forward to the joy of using my Nitecore once I receive a unit that works.

Oh sorry about that. I thought it was incoming & this thread made you nervous.

Either way, don't worry- Nitecore'll definitely take care of it.

blueo8

Newly Enlightened
No matter if the batch was defective or one light, the item was opened and returned by another then resold, or just not to the level of expectations that the purchaser had, the purchaser will have to pay more for shipping. Rarely if ever does the company that warrants the product cover this. They may pay the shipping on the replacement, but they should, and in my opinion, they should pay the cost of the.purchasers return shipping as it is usually the second time the purchaser has had to pay it. If you are buying products with the expectation of having to pay more on top of what you are paying initially, then go ahead and keep paying for ifs and maybes. I will not even try a Nitecore now and thank the op for posting this. I have had lights go bad, but. I'd be willing to wager that the manufacturers are counting on a large percentage of customers to just cut their losses and just write it off. It is the point (again, my opinion) of making cheap products that are simpler and cheaper to replace than repair. Disposable.

herosemblem

Enlightened
Indeed, I will have to spend $6 on shipping to mail the defective light back. I bought the light in the first place because it was a nice-priced light. Not such a deal when I add on the hassle, time, and additional cost of repair/replacement.
This is just standard warranty service for anything, though. Sucks that there are no winners, only losers in this scenario.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
I've had one for about a month with no problems. Sorry you got a lemon. Now my Nitecore D11.2 is another story. :( A very sad story!!!

andrewnewman

Enlightened
has anybody tested the water-proofness of your EC1?

If someone would be so kind to test yours, I'd really appreciate it. :)

This query got buried a few days ago. In another thread I responded that my EA1 had a crooked press-fit SS ring and leaked a little moisture when cleaning the lens under running water. I took a drift and gently tapped the ring until it was flush and straight. Doesn't leak now but I am not inclined to try a "submerge" test under the circumstances.

dougie

Enlightened
I personally feel that the positives of bringing product failures into a public domain are beneficial for both the manufacturer and retailer as well as potential purchasers. Whilst nothing in life is perfect and there will always be the occasional failure of a component or product it is beneficial for all parties concerned to see how the manufacturer responds to problems. Flashlight manufacturing is to a very large part automated and usually this is one way of avoiding differences in how good or not an assembly worker is. However, good design, rigorous testing and good QC should ensure that potential problems are resolved before a product reaches the market place. If by highlighting this problem Nitecore discovers that one of it's products has failed it should endeavour to ensure that a remedial action plan is put into effect to identify what went wrong and why. This includes design, manufacture, warranty, customer service and its retailer support for its customers. Although we are only talking about one flashlight here, how do we know that the failure rate isn't far higher? We don't. We assume because we are hearing one disgruntled customer that he is alone. However, many people who buy flashlights don't belong to forums and don't have an avenue to moan about their dissatisfaction. Ultimately, it is a truism that a company's reputation is won or lost by how they respond to failure more than success. It would be great to hear if in this case the results are resolved to the customer's satisfaction?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello. sorry to hear you have had issues however the seller should exchange the light and pay postage as it is faulty on arrival, basic consumer rights there. I would give them a call and speak to them nicely but firmly !
on a side note - if it goes that route my experience with nitecores customer service was outstanding, and over the years i have 6 nitecores. 1 (NEX) i have killed - oops. another was the dreaded first batch ex11 ( exchanged by nitecore & the shop ) the rest have been fantastic.