Nitecore Extreme - Couple of questions

dagored

Enlightened
Marduke:
Pretty sure they are discontinued indefinitely.

They emailed me las week that they would be in stock in 2 or 3 weeks.
Please fill me in.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, they were discontinued. If they are getting them back, that's news to me.

Perhaps they waited to source better bins which are not less efficient than the Q5 variants like the first batch was.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am totally confused... :confused:

I can get a GDP right away from England, an R2 as well.
Which one has been discontinued and which one has been leff efficient than the Q5? The GDP in both cases I suppose?

So, I should take an R2 I suppose?

dagored

Enlightened
UPDATE:

I just received this from 4Sevens:

Hello xxxxxx,

Thanks for contacting us. The NEHA-R2 is not discontinued; it is just
slow in being re-stocked. :) Nitecore is rectifying a faulty head
assembly batch we received, and we should have the updated lights in
next week.

Best regards,
Mary
4Sevens.com

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I have the Q5 version with strike bezel -- This is a great light. I temporarily forgot about it until I read this thread. I think it's going to go back into the rotation... :grin2:

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I got the Q5 w/ss bezel specifically for EDC. Didn't fancy the pocket poking strike bezel. The Extreme, in any format is a great little light with a big kick. Nice simple UI, chunky body for handling, and also lends itself naturally to a cigar grip if that's your thing. I like the versatility too, which was a deal maker for me. The ss bezel gives a great fit for my Surefire diffuser for when I want pure flood, or my filters for coloured light. At the moment I'm using it as stock for pocket EDC during the week, but sticking the head on a bored out E2e body with a 17670 li-ion for extra run time at the weekend.

Oh yeah, it also looks really nice too! :grin2:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I am totally confused... :confused:

I can get a GDP right away from England, an R2 as well.
Which one has been discontinued and which one has been leff efficient than the Q5? The GDP in both cases I suppose?

So, I should take an R2 I suppose?
GDPs are still in stock and ready to ship. I think he was talking about the Stainless Steel bezels, that was a limited run as far as I know.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I am talking about the GDP's, not the SS bezels. I was under the impression that once the current crop is gone, that's it for now. That's why the D10 and EX10 versions are no longer listed. They are higher volume and sold out first.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the SS if you can; works great with diffusers, looks better and doesn't kill your pockets:

IMG_6232.jpg

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I've EDC'd my SS Extreme w/ strilke bezel for over a year now. It is my only belt carried light. (A spot once held a few years ago by my Surefire C3/9P 200lumen incan)
I have always admired it'S design, appearance, power and durability.
My only issue has ben the clip becoming loose with screws falling out:sigh:
so I no longer have the clip on my Extreme.
When being run on HIGH for 5+ minutes I have noticed some "partial failures".:confused: Recently it went to LOW power and would not ramp up. When I turned it off for a few minutes it resumed normal operation.
It rides on my belt in an HDS holster. on RCRs or primaries it has served me well. That strobe came in real handy while on a night time Memorial Day cruise on a nearby mountian lake.:thumbsup: When a speedboat would flash lights, my Q5 strobe at 170lumens made quite a reply!!

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
When you first get alight with screw for the clip take it apart and use Loctite or something similar on it. I prefer the green loctite that way I can remove it easier if I want to change the clip but red would hold the best. After using Loctite the screws should not back out on you again.

Great minds think alike. hehe.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a GDP with the stainles steel bezel.

Both are discontinued according to flashaholics.uk who asked Nitecore. This would mean that when stocks are gone, you only get Q5 or R2 with the striking bezel.

I don't understand they discontinue the stainless steel bezel, that could cost them customers, but perhaps only a minority chose the stainless steel bezel. So, I am one of those who get a "rare" light, I like that! :grin2: