NITECORE TM11 ‘Tiny Monster’ Review - 2012

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to let everyone know that in really cold weather, one or more LEDs will not light up normally and go into a very low lumen moonlight mode. These LEDs will eventually start emitting normal output once the light has warmed up for some time. Keep the light on Turbo mode untill all of them light up with equal intensity and then use the light normally. Reapeat this process if needed.

What temperature are we talking about, and what batteries were you using? I'd like to try and replicate this.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I just wanted to let everyone know that in really cold weather, one or more LEDs will not light up normally and go into a very low lumen moonlight mode. These LEDs will eventually start emitting normal output once the light has warmed up for some time. Keep the light on Turbo mode untill all of them light up with equal intensity and then use the light normally. Reapeat this process if needed.

With regards to cold temperatures I would lean towards blaming the cells as the culprit. If the cells are warm then I probably wouldn't except that this is just a normal circumstance of cold weather use and would then suspect an actual issue with the light. That that stated, I have no experience with LED's in -40F temperatures either and I don't know what kind of "cold weather" you're speaking of.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
With regards to cold temperatures I would lean towards blaming the cells as the culprit. If the cells are warm then I probably wouldn't except that this is just a normal circumstance of cold weather use and would then suspect an actual issue with the light. That that stated, I have no experience with LED's in -40F temperatures either and I don't know what kind of "cold weather" you're speaking of.

I would agree.

I would try batteries at 60F and see if you have the same problem.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
I was camping in the mountains and the temperature should have been between 10 and 13C. the batteries were inserted inside the light when this happened so it might very well be them causing the led dimming but I highly doubt it because wouldn't all three of them decrease in output similarly since all 4 batteries in parallel are powering all 3 LEDs at the same time?
I was using 4 new AW 2900 mAh batteries when this happened. I think this scenario can be easily duplicated if I place the light inside the freezer for some time once with and once without the batteries and test the light each time to see if the problem is caused by the batteries or the LEDs. Maybe even just place the batteries in there and insert them in the light when it is at room temperature. I will try to do this test and let you know what happens.