• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

I read that but a bit confusing for me lol.

Could also be the battery, perhaps not enough voltage or too much draw?

Using VTC5D cells. I'm quite sure the Anduril thermal protection is the issue. I wish there was a simple turn off for that. I mean I'll back it off when it gets too hot.. I don't need thermal protection, especially when it's messing with my enjoyment of the light. I'll make a note to never buy any light with Anduril again... I don't like ramping anyway.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read that but a bit confusing for me lol.

Using VTC5D cells. I'm quite sure the Anduril thermal protection is the issue. I wish there was a simple turn off for that. I mean I'll back it off when it gets too hot.. I don't need thermal protection, especially when it's messing with my enjoyment of the light. I'll make a note to never buy any light with Anduril again... I don't like ramping anyway.
I agree with you. The anduril is ridiculous with the step down. No mater how I configure the thermal settings it steps down after only 15 seconds on my x9lvn. It could definitely go longer. I would say about a minute before hot enough. Honestly the thermal configuration is a joke. I have tried to set it about 40 different times and it literally does nothing. Driver vnx2 is much better and more user friendly to use.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with you. The anduril is ridiculous with the step down. No mater how I configure the thermal settings it steps down after only 15 seconds on my x9lvn. It could definitely go longer. I would say about a minute before hot enough. Honestly the thermal configuration is a joke. I have tried to set it about 40 different times and it literally does nothing. Driver vnx2 is much better and more user friendly to use.

I won't buy anymore lights with this driver. It has literally caused me to not use this light, which is a shame because otherwise it's an awesome torch. Really wish it had Driver Vnx2.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't buy anymore lights with this driver. It has literally caused me to not use this light, which is a shame because otherwise it's an awesome torch. Really wish it had Driver Vnx2.

From what I understand, the Anduril code has to be optimized to accommodate the thermal specs of running such a high output LED. This was the exact same behavior that the Astrolux FT03S exhibited. Annoying for sure.

makapuu

Enlightened

Yep, I agree with both of you. It's the first thing I look for when I see a new light. If it has Anduril, I won't buy it. A couple of times I PM'd Vinh asking if a new light had Anduril. Sorry Vinh. I also told him I prefer VNX2.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I agree with both of you. It's the first thing I look for when I see a new light. If it has Anduril, I won't buy it. A couple of times I PM'd Vinh asking if a new light had Anduril. Sorry Vinh. I also told him I prefer VNX2.

My x9lvn, lumentop lm10vn90, k1vn, fw21vn all step-down so quickly from turbo its so hard to get a good 10 meter throw measurement even the larger k1vn. I wish they all had vnx2. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to have the drivers swapped out on all of them. I might just sell all my Andruril lights. I love the lights just not the driver.

figman

Newly Enlightened
My x9lvn, lumentop lm10vn90, k1vn, fw21vn all step-down so quickly from turbo its so hard to get a good 10 meter throw measurement even the larger k1vn. I wish they all had vnx2. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to have the drivers swapped out on all of them. I might just sell all my Andruril lights. I love the lights just not the driver.

Could you not change the thermal step-down temperatures? I'm sure that you can modify the firware code and re-flash.

I'm curious if Vinh uses a custom config of Andruil compared to that in the stock Kr1.

daffy

Enlightened
Something funky for sure all my temp calibrated Anduril lights will hold turbo for long enough get the whole light hot beyond holding then some.
I have a FW3TiCu vn it also works fine, great little light that one quad white 2.

SKV89

Enlightened
The KR1vn90 truly is a beast of a light! I had no idea the SBT90.2 can make this much lumens because I was quite disappointed with the K75 and NI40. I was so surprised something this small using single 18650 can beat the much bigger lights by this much! I can not think of another light this tiny with anywhere near this kind of performance. Also comes with the Noctigon 5A regulated driver + FET I believe, which makes it more practical than the most other SBT90.2 lights. Here are my measurements.

Acebeam K75Power Mode Turbo4,310 lumens6809K-0.0047 DUV69.9 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-9.9 R944.4 R1263 Rf97 RgX65 battery tube
Noctigon KR1vn90 delensTurbo5,707 lumens5975K0.0019 DUV65.8 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-32.6 R939.3 R1260 Rf97 RgSamsung 20S
Nightwatch NI40 SBT90.2Turbo (double half click)4,241 lumens6127K0.0016 DUV68.5 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-25.9 R940.7 R1264 Rf96 RgGolisi 4300mah 26650

This is really a MUST HAVE for any flashaholic!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]
LIbkH7D.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bmExZX1.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
G06I4w4.jpg
[/FONT]

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps this is a wrong thread to ask but I wonder if there is an alternative 90.2 light with a tight TIR optics? Similar to e10/l17, but tuned for 90.2 sized LED.

At max output a reflectorized 5000lm light would scare away the entire neighborhood.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps this is a wrong thread to ask but I wonder if there is an alternative 90.2 light with a tight TIR optics? Its coming ;-)
Similar to e10/l17, but tuned for 90.2 sized LED.

At max output a reflectorized 5000lm light would scare away the entire neighborhood.

xuande

Newly Enlightened
KR1 has firmware reflashing pads though. You could buy the reflashing kit from intl-outdoor and replace Anduril with something else with a less conservative thermal stepdown, for example Narsil.