• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Not FS: My New 'Pocket Mini' Lasers! - Blu-Ray or Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayrob

Enlightened
Re: FS: My New 'Pocket Mini' Lasers! - Blu-Ray or Red

drgrant1, I'm shipping your Pocket Mini blu-ray build tomorrow! (Friday)

Grant%20Stiles%2012-26-08.jpg

It's a high efficiency diode set at 128mA's and putting out 118mW's through the AixiZ acrylic lens.
smiley.gif

You guys like the new black labels?
Jay

pertinax

Enlightened

I would like a red at 200mW+. Do I need to send you a deposit first?

Pertinax

jayrob

Enlightened

I can have one build and shipped with-in two days of payment...

For red, I'll set it around 225mW's if you want. At this power, a conservative duty cycle is recommended. Like 1 min. on / 30 sec. off.

At 200mW's the diode will be even safer. But I just want to mention, that I do not guarantee the life of the diode at any setting. I will rebuild at no charge! You just pay for parts and shipping. The diodes are only about $15 dollars these days...

Sending a PM.

Please read some of my testimonials!:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/testimonials/
Jay

mikepesikan

Newly Enlightened

Hi Jay,

I just received my 118mW's blu-ray pocket mini laser, it's great.....love it.

Thanks
Mike

jayrob

Enlightened

pertinax, your Pocket Mini red build is done! It will be in tomorrow's mail. (Monday's)

W.%20Raley%2012-29-08.jpg

229mW's at 402mA's. Very nice!
cool.gif

I have a habit of putting a small dot of white paint on the red builds to mark the 5' focal point. Let me know when you get it!
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened

Laser Ben, I finished yours this morning! So I'll get it out in today's mail. (Monday)

Ben%20Steigerwald%2012-29-08.jpg

It's a sweet little build set at 115mW's per your request. Running at 131mA's. Please let me know when you get it.
smiley.gif

Jay

jayrob

Enlightened

zavor, I got your Pocket Mini blu-ray done and it will be in tomorrow's mail! (Friday's)

The picture shows off my new 'Key Chain' blu-ray!
cool.gif
I just wanted to show a size comparison next to the Pocket Mini...

Matteo%20Gavinelli%201-2-09.jpg

Your Pocket Mini is set at 90mW's for good longevity. (per your request)

I'm sure your going to like it! Let me know when you get it...
Jay

Key Chain blu-ray: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2768679#post2768679

Last edited:

pertinax

Enlightened

Holy Moly! The red one I just bought focuses and burns, as described. The beam is not nearly as visible as a green one, but that's just eye sensitivity. Jayrob asked for a report, and here it is. It's very, very nice.

Top-notch build-- thanks.

Pertinax

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened

Holy Moly! The red one I just bought focuses and burns, as described. The beam is not nearly as visible as a green one, but that's just eye sensitivity. Jayrob asked for a report, and here it is. It's very, very nice.

Top-notch build-- thanks.

Pertinax

Pertinax, glad you like it!:)

Thanks for posting back...

Laser Ben, your custom 6X mod is ready to ship. It is sweet! Here are the pictures...

LB2.jpg

LB3.jpg

LB4.jpg

LB5.jpg

You got a really nice 6X diode in there to be putting out 203mW's through an AixiZ acrylic lens at only 191mA's current!
smiley.gif
I was surprised! I even went and double checked the current setting. 191mA's...

About the FlexDirve:

It is a constant current boost circuit that will regulate the current (set at 191mA's) exactly. As long as you have a minimum of 2.5 volts. Max voltage for the FlexDrive is 5.5 volts.

So make sure you PSU is with-in this voltage range. This build is also perfect for a portable set up using a variety of battery configurations. Example:
2 X AAA, 3 X AAA (or AA, C, D) Not 4 X 1.5 volt batteries - too much voltage.

Also a 3.0 volt lithium battery like the Pocket Mini, or a 3.6 volt rechargeable of any size!

If you use a conservative duty cycle, such as 1 min. on / 30 sec. off, this power setting should last a good while with the 6X...
Jay

P.S. According to some testing that IgorT has been doing, a duty cycle may not even be needed at this power, but obviously, if you use a conservative duty cycle, It will be just that much better on your diode!

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened

Stan, I got your awesome 6X Pocket Mini ready to ship! There is one little problem though...

Stanley%20Yates%201-6-09.jpg

...we talked about setting it at 170mW's for better longevity. I set the current at 175mA's. This is as low as I could go with the version 3 Flexdrive. (in the high setting - the low setting would only let me go to 150mA's)

Now, normally, 175mA's would put you below 170mW's of power. But since you got a very high efficiency diode, you are getting 179mW's through the AixiZ acrylic lens!
cheesy.gif

I am guessing that this is ok with you, and will be sending it today.
smiley.gif
(Tuesday)

Please let me know when you get it...
Jay

P.S. Keep an eye on IgorT's GB for his 405nm coated glass lenses fit for AixiZ. With this lens, at this setting, you will see over 200mW's! Here's Igor's lens comments/thread:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1212842385/700#705

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened

I am newbie in laser. Which one is better for burning, red or blu ray?

jayrob

Enlightened

You know, they are pretty close! I think power for power, the blu-ray gets the nod. And now that we can have a 200+mW blu-ray (using the newly available 6X diodes), the blu-ray builds are as strong as the red builds!

Just a couple of things...

If you have not seen blu-ray, then I want to tell you that it seems dim in daylight. Turn it on in the dark, and you will be amazed. They fluoresce and make things glow! And you will see the beam reaching out into the night sky!

Also, care is needed when operating these! It can damage the eye instantly with a direct shot. And proper eye protection is recommended if you are going to be trying to focus for burning.

The Uranium marbles, which will glow bright green when you shine a blu-ray at them, can give off reflections from any laser. Just watch out for reflections, because of the crackle glass in the marble, you can get reflections.

And finally, I recommend 115mW's for a good power vs longevity for these 803T blu-rays. But I will set it at what ever power you would like.
I would say that a 2 min. on / 1 min. off is a good duty cycle. 1 min. on / 30 sec. off is much better!

If you want a really long life for the diode, I can set the power a little lower. At 100mW's, these 803T diodes are living a very long life.

According to some testing that IgorT has been doing (a well respected forum member), a duty cycle may not even be needed at this power, but obviously, if you use a conservative duty cycle, It will be just that much better on your diode!

I do not guarantee the life of the diode at any setting, however I will rebuild at no charge! You just pay for parts and shipping!

About the battery choice. Both battery options are good. But I do not include the charger if you go with the rechargeable.

My personal choice is the 3.0 volt Lithium primary. I like them because they don't loose their charge while sitting like rechargeable batteries do. In fact, they have a 10 year shelf life! They also have much more capacity at 1300mAh vs 880mAh for the rechargeable.

People shy away from them because they can be expensive at the local store, but you can get them for very cheap from a U.S. based distributor... here:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/energizer-cr123a.html
That's where I get them 12 at a time. With a 10 year shelf life, you can't go wrong!

That same place sells the rechargeable batteries and charger too:
Charger:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tlunlichfor1.html
Batteries:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/uf16340.html

Shipping and handling is $9 dollars to the U.S. This includes insurance and will be sent with signature confirmation. If not in the U.S., please read here about shipping:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/shipping/ ($12 dollars for cheapest method - no insurance)

Please read some of my testimonials:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/testimonials/

Thanks for looking!
Jay

darmawaa

Newly Enlightened

I want to buy BluRay laser with 6X diode @200mW.
How much should I PayPal including USPS shipping to Indonesia?
What is your PP address?

jayrob

Enlightened

That would be a sweet build alright... Probably better to keep it to 170mW's or 180mW's with an AixiZ acrylic lens. Then later, get IgorT's 405nm glass lens which will be fit for the AixiZ module.

Then 180mW's/AiziZ acrylic, becomes over 200mW's through the 405nm glass lens!;)

I posted this before, but here are his comments on the lenses. (and thread):
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1212842385/700#705

Sending a PM!
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened

kerberos, your Pocket Mini blu-ray is shipping today! (Thursday)

Lorenzo%20Pinto%201-8-09.jpg

Set at 115mW's, running at 132mA's. Please let me know when you get it!
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
darmawaa, I know we talked about 180mW's for your 6X build...

Adi%20Wibowo%201-9-09.jpg

...But it came out at 179mW's. Trust me, you don't need the extra mW! Not only is it a high efficiency diode (179mW's @ only 187mA's through an AixiZ acrylic lens), but this baby is a long wavelength 6X diode, and is visually as bright as my 209mW 6X build!

Please tell me that you changed your mind, and to refund you...

Otherwise, it is shipping today. (Friday)
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.