Novatac Battery Extension Tube?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
This continues from the original thread where I asked: Should I get a Novatac 120P? Well, I finally took the plunge and ordered one today. I should be getting it next week.

I'm just wondering if I could get a battery extension tube so I could run 2xCR123a or 18650 batteries with the Novatac.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, for those who are interested, I purchased this item here for $125.59. It's the cheapest I found anywhere.

sourcehill

Newly Enlightened
From what I understand, 2x123A will fry the LED in the Novatac. I believe if you just used 1x123A and a dummy 123A, that would work and you'd have the larger grip area.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Marduke, thanks for the quick reply. Is this the one you're talking about? HDS EDC Battery Case

Darn, now I need to pick up some 17670 batteries (or Pila 600S).

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're absolutely right. I wasn't really planning on using 2x123a batteries, more along the line of using 18650 or 17670 batteries. Novatac could handle up to 4.5v.

From what I understand, 2x123A will fry the LED in the Novatac. I believe if you just used 1x123A and a dummy 123A, that would work and you'd have the larger grip area.

skcheng

Newly Enlightened
I have the HDS battery extension tube. And it works great with a single 17670 battery. It turns the 120P into a billy club though. I guess it's a good idea if you need a really long runtime??

Also, none of the anodizing seems to match on my 120Ps. And my black 120P looks odd with the HA grey battery tube.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Why does Lighthound say, twice, "DO NOT use rechargeable lithium batteries in this case, it will overpower and destroy both HDS AND NovaTac flashlights, voiding your warranty."?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, for those who are interested, I purchased this item here for $125.59. It's the cheapest I found anywhere.

Not exactly stellar feedback for that place - 93% - saw some really scary feedback as I read through quite a few. Hope all goes well but for something like the Novatac I think I'd stick with Lighthound or a well known reputable dealer.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right. I just got an email from them a couple of hours ago. They cancelled my order because they were sold out. :thumbsdow They've posted everywhere on Amazon that they have it available.

I was considering buying it from lighthound, but it's going for $170. Most of the reputable sites were selling them close to MSRP. So instead, I placed an order from www.yourcornerstore.com. They have the second lowest price I could find. I've bought a few items from the past and they seem pretty decent. I hope I'm not making a mistake by trying to locate a cheap source for the Novatac. I'm crossing my fingers with the Novatac ... hopefully if I do encounter any problems, either the retailer or Novatac could replace it for me.

Not exactly stellar feedback for that place - 93% - saw some really scary feedback as I read through quite a few. Hope all goes well but for something like the Novatac I think I'd stick with Lighthound or a well known reputable dealer.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, yourcornerstore seem to be selling the Novatac 120p pretty quickly. A couple of days ago, they had 38 in stock. I just checked a couple of miinutes ago, and they only have 21 in stock. At this rate, they'll probably be sold out in a week or two.