Novatac LOTC..............

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
old Surefires don't lockout and the Brinkmann LX doesn't lock out this way.

Confirmation: You only need a fresh rechargable when doing initial the battery detect. After that you can put in a half used one. This is part of the improved UI.

Also not in the manual. If you do a full default settings reset as per the manual this will not change the battery type. You have to do a seperate battery reset for that.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
i count 12 assembled lights on my desk alone - surefire, fenix, pelican, inova, wolf-eyes - and they all loose contact imediately if i loosen the tailcap or another part. I have no sample, where this would be different.

Good...your post tells me that you can count. Now all you hafta do is work a little bit on your tact (or lack thereof...), and your condescending way of responding to people...

Again, Thanx for pointing this out, PFloyd!

PJD

BBL

Enlightened
Good...your post tells me that you can count. Now all you hafta do is work a little bit on your tact (or lack thereof...), and your condescending way of responding to people...

'condescending' - Did you just tell me that is a negative character property - and showed it in the same statement yourself?

The topic matter itself oviously lost its importance to you. For the sake of argumenting and keeping ground you search for something where i offer a weak spot. Questioning my ability to count, thats weak.
I dont see reason to respond to that.

Again, Thanx for pointing this out, PFloyd!
Seeking backing from others?

Ok, i want to make a step back.
I was notified by pm that my initial reply was perceived as too sarcastic and of too little helpfull content. Maybe i was in the wrong mood and should have added some smileys. My intention is not to seed conflict, my response just came to my mind after permanently reading about rather obvious things, while more serious topics yield no replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBL...me too. Sorry for the "thin skin"; your initial post just sort of hit a nerve. Thanx for the "step back"; I'll follow suit. Back on topic...

PJD

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually this is totally valid (not obvious) post. Several people have asked if you can lock out the 120P. There is a menu option to do an electronic lockout but its a pain.
Also the predecessor light the HDS EDC could not be locked out when using RCR123's, because it would do an auto battery detect when you screwed it back in and you have to have a fully charge battery for that to work right.

PS Mclux PD, doesn't lock out, either.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
:D You are correct. The Novatac 120P is programmed for different batteries. and if you want to change from rechargables to primaries, you'll have to reprogram it again. :D Also, I'm loving my 120T! I'm playing with it right now in a darkened room, shining it on lots of stuff. :D

If you read the Novatac 85/120P user guide it states that it does not cause a complete reset of all settings or they would not include a Factory-Reset section in the user guide directly under the section for the battery-detect-reset.

Unless Novatac decided to change the programing @ the last minute:shrug:

Latest posts