• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **Now Shipping** Moby **** quad-P7 heatsinks custom engraved

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Interest thread for Moby **** quad-P7 heatsinks custom engraved

Great idea with the LEDs. I was about to order some..
I'll wait and see if there is enough interest for the bulk buy.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zoran added to list. I think that leaves only one maybe two sinks unspoken for.

I've added an interest list for the LEDs to post #2. So far with Petrev, Zoran, and Chodes we have enough for the $26 price break.

I'll leave the LED list open until a couple days before I receive the sinks, probably another week, then I'll order them from Fred to include with your shipments.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great. Paypal ready.

rolltide

Newly Enlightened

I will take one Sink if available.

"MGS" "MGS" "-2"

Thanks,
Rolltide

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

rolltide, I've added you to the list. I think I can accomodate you. I'll know for sure when the sinks arrive in a few days. If my notes are correct (not a given), then that leaves one more unspoken for.

Too late for custom engraving though; it will have to be the standard "LED ZEP" version.

rolltide

Newly Enlightened

Sounds great LZ, just let me know.

Thanks

ming560

Newly Enlightened

If available, I will take one.
plain or LZ, FM3V-2 head

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

william, I've added you to the list for the sink and 4 P7s.

ming560, there aren't any more available, but I might have a solution. I had a couple sinks made to fit the original Ellie heads which are unspoken for. These are larger/deeper, and it may be possible to recut the back cone and threads. This would leave the anodizing of the face intact, but the surfaces that meet the head and tube would be bare. I will investigate this once the sinks arrive. The only problem there might be is that the engraving might be either partially cut away, or very near the edge. It shouldn't take more than a few days to have them recut.

Of course this would mean additional machining, but I'll try and pull in a favor from my machinist. If there is any additional cost, I will cover it. It's better than having them go unused.

My order for the P7 LEDs will go in late tonight (Sunday), so they arrive about the same time as the sinks. Anybody else interested in them (who purchased a sink) at the 10 pc. order price of $26 ea. please post here.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

LZ I would like my Ellie to come with those brighter LED please.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received the package, and with a quick initial inspection they look fabulous! Special thanks to Mac for dealing with getting them anodized.

I need to head back to work for the evening, but will PM everyone on the list with payment instructions hopefully late tonight, and certainly within a day.

Hamster, I noticed you scored one of Mac's built lights. Does that mean you are no longer interested in a loose sink? No problem if you aren't, it will save me the remachining of one for ming560.

If anyone has second thoughts, no problem, but hopefully those are ones who wanted either plain or LZ engraving. Custom engraved ones might be tough to resell.

I plan to post a tutorial build thread, but I am waiting on the D2DIM boards which George has informed me won't ship until about Oct. 24th. So it will be a couple weeks yet.

If anyone starts building theirs before then and has questions fell free to contact me. Very straightforward: mod the switch to momentary and isolate it from the cells, connect the D2DIM to the cells, the switch to the board, and the LEDs ground through the board. The D2DIM does not require heatsinking, and can be mounted in front of the switch, or on the backside of the sink. The sink has a stepped shoulder to receive the D2DIM, but it is 0.80" which is the size of the brand new 25V D2DIMs which are just being released.

rolltide

Newly Enlightened

good news lz. thanks for putting all this together.

just let us how much and where to send it.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

EDIT: this post should be after the "Final pricing . . .: post, they were swapped due to the date being wrong when CPF came back online.

I can't send more than one PM every 80,000 seconds due to server move issues, so I'll post here.

Thanks guys for the PMs and responses.

Rolltide, LEDs I plan to use are DSWOJ from Photonfanatic in the marketplace dealer's forum. McR27XR are the only reflectors I know of that will drop in, and they are not available in smooth. EDIT: If you need the LEDs, please send an additional $26 ea. I can send you ones from my stash and replace them with another order from Photonfanatic.

Zoran, I only had you down for 4 LEDs, so you'll have to get the extra 3 from Photonfanatic. EDIT: I can send you mine and replace them, so sending you 7 is no problem.

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've had some inquiries about the D2DIM.

I don't have any on hand to send along, you'll have to order direct from George at TaskLED.com. Be advised he has been out of the country and won't be able to ship until 10/24 or so. You should specify the new 25V version although the 16V does not seem to have any issues w/ 4 X Li-ion. The pocket on the back of the sink however is sized for the 0.8" 25V board, the older one is slightly larger.

shakeylegs

Enlightened

:paypal: for sink, shipping, and PP fees
Thanks again LED Zeppelin
shakey

ming560

Newly Enlightened

Just await your remachining heat sink!:mecry:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just await your remachining heat sink!:mecry:

ming560, you'll get one. I'm just waiting to see if anyone one the list withdraws interest, then I don't need to recut one.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who has sent payment as of this moment will have their packages ship tomorrow, Monday. I will continually update the list in post #2 with shipping date info.

Everyone should receive (2) #10-24 X 1" bolts to be used as tools to tighten the sink into the head. They thread into the face of the sink into the 2 opposing tapped holes. You can use a screwdriver to span the bolts for more torque, especially useful when forcing the compound to spread. I put compound on the sink base that goes into the tube, the threads, and a good bead at the bottom of the cone just above the threads. That will force it's way almost all the way to the top when you tighten the sink. Too much compound and it will ooze out the top inside the head and you'll have a mess.

I apologize in advance if I messed up anyone's order or omitted anything, especially the bolts. I did my best to keep everything straight and ship ASAP, but if you have any issues just let me know and I'll fix it.

Here's what you can expect:
dsc1513wk2.jpg