Odd Olight charger question

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Seeker 3 Pro it comes with the MCC 1A/1.5A/2A charger cable. I used it to charge my Seeker 2 Pro also. They both were charged until the light turned green on the charging cable. I didn't really feel like they were fully charged, because I turned on the lights on turbo each for 3 minutes and then put them back on the charger and the cable was still showing green.

I then put them on the MCC1AL charger that came with the Seeker 2 Pro, and both of them are showing red and it's been charging the Seeker 2 Pro for almost 2 hours. Does anyone know what is going on with these chargers? I need to go buy a volt meter just to see if my cells are charged, this is ridiculous.

Edited to add, after about 2 hours the MCC1AL turned green on both of the Seekers. I believe that the 2 Amp charger doesn't top off the cells as much as the 1 amp charger does, hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
I can't give much specific help, but I've read in a few places that the light turns green at 95% and the battery continues to trickle charge for another hour or so.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't give much specific help, but I've read in a few places that the light turns green at 95% and the battery continues to trickle charge for another hour or so.

We never want to trickle lithium ion cells. Ever. Olight knows this.

Some charger algorithms charge below 4.20v, some go over.

Trickle charging is more an NiMH issue.

Chris

Latest posts