OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
My temp. is, unfortunately, biased. I can't stand hot weather.

I like Summer about as much as vampires like the Sun.

(When it's cold, you can keep adding more layers of clothing. When it's hot, you quickly run out of clothes that you can take off; in order to be comfortable).

Same here!

Just checked with my laser thermometer and verified with Fluke 179 at 5:15am was -7°F Just went out to fill up the birdfeeder in my t-shirt. Refreshing!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My temp. is, unfortunately, biased. I can't stand hot weather.

I like Summer about as much as vampires like the Sun.

(When it's cold, you can keep adding more layers of clothing. When it's hot, you quickly run out of clothes that you can take off; in order to be comfortable).
+1 for me also, although as I get older [50+] the heat isn't so bad and the cold isn't so easy. Although...
I just came in from outside, where I had slept last night. It was -2° F [-19° C] this morning when I came in. No, the wife didn't banish me - I had received a zero degree down sleeping bag for my birthday and wanted to test it out in actual zero degree weather - it worked beautifully! Of course I had a lot of warm clothes on, and three [!] Nalgene hot water bottles [ I usually use a max of two in the cold weather]. Had a great night, not cold at all, and had the pleasure of hearing the resident great horned owl. Saw one shooting star.

I intentionally left my EagleTac p10a2 out of my bag to test out the Eneloop batteries' cold weather performance. This morning the light was too cold to hold in my bare hand, but it did not seem to loose much brightness. I took it in immediately upon waking and compared it to a Fenix L2D, which had spent the night in the nice warm house. I was very impressed by the batteries cold weather performance.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
hellfreezexf4.jpg

This is just a test. If a domain run by Satan, instead of a town in Michigan, had actually frozen over you would be notified by sports reporters everywhere. The code phrase used to signify this event will be "Lion's win the Super Bowl." This concludes this test of the Emergency Hell Freeze Notification System.

:laughing:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its 60ish here in New Mexico...but I used to live in Lincoln, NE... I talked to my buddy there the other day when it was -7 not counting wind chill. He was driving with his dog in his truck....and as ALWAYS his dog INSISTS on having the window down so it can stick his head out.

The only thing about the situation that made it somewhat bearable for my friend is his dog's head literally looked like it was on fire everytime it breathed out.

Good luck to all of you who live up north...I remember (not too fondly) those -20 nights.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Yesterday we hit 43C (109F) here during the day and it droped to about 25C (77F) at night.

Cant wait for winter again, the coldest we hit here is around 5C (40F), and i think that is cold.

adnj

Enlightened
I travel on business a great deal. I left the US midwest and have been in the Caribbean all winter. About 85 degrees and sunny here everyday.

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok boys and girls, I think it's time to wake up my winter temps
thread. It was a lot of fun last year to see what kind of
frigid temps everyone deals with. I personally think it's
cool(haha) and I hope you like it too.

Here in SE Wisconsin we are down in the upper teens, about 19F tonight. It's
the coolest night so far this winter season. How's it
coming where you live?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I don't even think we have had cold enough to frost yet this year. I'm really bummed and hope for some real winter soon.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little over a week ago the temps here(central Canada) were in the mid 50's!!!!!

God bless global warming!!!!

Early December and I can still catfish.:thumbsup:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't even think we have had cold enough to frost yet this year. I'm really bummed and hope for some real winter soon.
We've had some frost over the past week.

I was out in the yard last night playing with, er I mean testing various P60 drop-ins and it was below freezing at that point.

It was kind of odd actually listening to water freeze in one of the containers in the yard.

In case anyone didn't know, holding aluminum bodied lights without gloves in cold weather is not such a good idea :ohgeez: :D

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a week of low 40's - high 30's in early Nov that was pretty miserable due to wind and rain with the cold. It warmed for a bit but in the last 2 weeks has steadily cooled. Today was the first snow flake I saw and just a little before noon. A temperature check showed 31.

Of course I was out in it for quite a while just wearing a t-shirt and sweater. :D I guess I'm going to have to finally start transitioning to the winter coat soon.

Illum

Flashaholic
Houston snowed...
several miles NW of New Orleans had snow...

Florida hit 50F, expecting 45F tomorrow night:ohgeez:
If the rain doesn't stop it would be even colder:shrug:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Had some snow in the mountains here in NC. Ski operations are happy. We might see a flurry tonight. Based on recent history it may be the only flurry all winter.

Geoff

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what part of the state you are in Lux, but today my area is supposed to get anywhere from 2-5 inches of snow. Of course, this would make it essentially the first snow of the year. On Thursday it was 67 degrees, which was just bizarre for December. I believe we have had 1 or 2 frosts, but definitely not many more than that.