Older Surefire models

Machete God

Enlightened
I guess I need to be a little more clear with my statements . I was more or less speaking of the body style of the newer lights . Y'all know what I'm talking about, that's why a light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen . I think they had more character to them is all
I think an SF "light with box from ten years ago with 110 lumens sells for what a newer sf with 800 lumen" sells for is mainly because of the collectible value and scarceness of the ten year old light, not because we feel that one looks better than the other. I know it may be sacrilegious for some, but I actually like the looks of some of the newer models. That said, I agree with you - I think the older lights had more character to them. But perhaps with age comes character! Who is to say that the unpopular and discontinued S2 Stratum model won't be selling for more than the price of a 5000 lumen SF light in 10 years? ;)

I will take some pic's of it pulled down for you as soon as I can. I have a little to much on at the moment with work.

cheers
No hurry, and much obliged, Rat.

Cheers!