OMAGAWD ! - OStar Maglight 2D

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
We were lucky enough to score some 10 watt OStar LEDs and are in the process of testing a limited number of flashlights using these super bright LEDs.

ostar2.jpg

These will utilize the Dat2zip Shark converter to power the OStar from 6 or 8 NiMh AA cells.

At last, HID brightness without a warm up period. Instant on/off operation with HID brightness.

ostar1.jpg

And of course, since the OStar is an LED, no more fragile HID bulbs! Bump it, drop it, it don't matter, it's an LED. It's really the best of both worlds, HID brightness with the durability and shock resistance of an LED.

Just finished this prototype and am waiting for it to get dark so I can take some outdoor beam shots :candle:

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me as one of the interested.
What kind of run-time can you get from that puppy with eight NiMH?

Last edited:

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
I feel my flashaholism startin' to kick up again. Somebody help......please

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it :wow: I'm interested. There have been discussion somwhere in this forum regarding to Ostar and from what I remembered price on LED alone is $80.00. Lumens out put is in 600 lumen range. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But this is one awsome output light :rock:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be interesting to see how that 10 watt led compares to the 11 watt ROP Low bulb given similar reflector finishes.

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I'll bet the ROP low is much brighter. People have said that that bulb approaches 40lm/W. IIRC, the Ostar (or any LED at this drive level) isn't close to that.

ddaadd

Enlightened
Lambda is currently out doing beamshots of the OStar, and I am currently

waiting to see them!!.........:grin2:

Pretty much certain I'd have to have one of these!...........

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang it!! :D Looks killer... just when I was thinking of getting a Multi-Lux. I think a single Ostar might be better.... OR, when will we be seeing multi Ostars? :naughty: :D

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! Let's see the beam shots with some well known comparison lights and some LUX readings.

Your up-the-wall light saber shots are always stunning but this one takes the cake!! It looks like you could cut down Obi-Wan Kenobi with that thing!! Chewie too!:D

popcorn3.gif