On-line laser war: Dragonlasers Vs Wicked Lasers

c0ldshadow

Newly Enlightened
i recently got banned from the wickedlasers forum by ip for no apparent reason, so ill probably be posting here more. while dragon lasers has good prices now, so does laserglow. they reduced prices on the aries series. i think laserglow might offer better quality for the aries series, however they are more expensive.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
abeland1 said:
From now until Christmas, the CPF special will be 30 mW plus for $79.00 but you have to call me to get it. After Christmas. It will go back to 20 mW plus for $79 and 30mW plus will be 99 again. Call 509-4660789.

I will hopefully be calling you before Christmas. I have many bills to take care of before I starting buying lasers. I have read nothing but great reviews about you (and your business) and will bring my business to you as a result :)

PS: Is that 30 mW CPF special a green or red laser?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just how much brighter is a 30mw vs. a 5mw? I need a laser to help demonstrate the concept of "lasering" someone with a gun i.e. muzzling someone. Classes are always out in the bright Arizona sunshine and it would be no good if they can't see the dot at high noon. I want to tape the laser to a red gun (plastic non-functioning replica). Classes are sometimes on asphalt and sometimes on gravel.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
abeland1 said:
From now until Christmas, the CPF special will be 30 mW plus for $79.00 but you have to call me to get it. After Christmas. It will go back to 20 mW plus for $79 and 30mW plus will be 99 again. Call 509-4660789.
That's a good deal indeed! I'm tempted and just may call you before xmas.

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
senecaripple said:
i also ordered a couple of lasers from wl, then i thought maybe i should get one of their goggles as well. i never did receive them. i had to repeatedly write to them, which they seldom responded, it took paypal to refund my money. i doubt i would ever deal with sellers like them.
Do I know that. Right before they got hacked i ordered 2 pair goggles for my RPL. they send email to confirm what my order was...ah duhhh. No goggles 2 weeks. said hey you should give me the break of 15% offered 2 days after order. next i see the policy of $100 refund if not recieved in 7 days..ooooh were they quick to answer that..does not apply to goggles. 3weeks still no replies to a discount or where arethey at least, paypay resolution. 4 weeks escaltae claim. paypal money on account... thanks WL no apologies. seems they like to borrow money for a month... i got goggles on ebay from a med supply..used opt +5 for 510-570nm. should be in my mailbox next week. So, there ya go..sure cool lookin goggles, but do you really wamt to wait 30 days for nothing? I dont think they know the english word for "backorder":thumbsdow

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You are missing two things:

1) His screen name attacks and insults an administrator (Empath), and no, it is not a coincidence

2) the banning of others is not discussed on CPF as it is disruptive to the board, please make yourself familiar with the rules.

Thank you :)

benrhard

luvlasers

Enlightened
Prices are dropping, increasing and freebies are being given away in the laser market

www.dragonlasers.com 125mW has increased to $329.99

www.wickedlasers.com 125mW is the same at $499.99 with free shipping. They had a deal for free glasses and case on the 95mW but that looks like it is finished.

www.laserglow.com Price drops on Hercules and Aries. Don't know how much by.

Any other online laser retailer offering special deals?????

c0ldshadow

Newly Enlightened
the 75mW is probably the best deal on dragonlasers. i dont know how much difference there would really be between 95mW and 125mW, but i'd think the 125mW would have a high chance of burning out or something going wrong.

even with the price increase of their 125mW it is still a very good deal. i hope the prices stay low for the other lasers they are selling

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
us customs are beginning to get wise to them and are beginning to confiscate the ones w/o the fda stickers. they could sell them for $30.00, but the chances of getting them to your door may or may not justify the lowball price:ohgeez:

luvlasers

Enlightened
i read at lasercommunity a customer had his dragonlasers confiscated by US customs. He was given a full refund but was still not happy. Understandable, not much fun waiting every day for the post to arrive only to find out that uncle sam has taken your new toy.

Kind of ironic how the sale of many types of fire arms in the US is legal but not class 3b laser pointers.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
luvlasers said:
i read at lasercommunity a customer had his dragonlasers confiscated by US customs. He was given a full refund but was still not happy. Understandable, not much fun waiting every day for the post to arrive only to find out that uncle sam has taken your new toy.

Kind of ironic how the sale of many types of fire arms in the US is legal but not class 3b laser pointers.

where is the irony? firearms like rifles are legal within the u.s as are lasers. try and get a mail order ak-47 anywhere!

luvlasers

Enlightened
senecaripple said:
where is the irony? firearms like rifles are legal within the u.s as are lasers. try and get a mail order ak-47 anywhere!

Legal in the U.S.??? Afraid not!!!

This topic has been covered extensively in previous threads, for example

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/106567

Very simply any laser pointers of class 3B (5mW to 500mW) or higher power level do not comply with FDA regulations.

Some links with specific examples are

http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9504.html

http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g5694d.htm

The subject of these links is wickedlasers but could just as well have been Dragonlasers, Laserglow or Megalasers.

The FDA is a regulatory body of the U.S. government and non compliance with an FDA regulation is illegal.

So back to my original point. A fire arm such as a pump action shotgun or 44 magnum hand gun is legal in the U.S. but a 5mW laser pointer is not. Very ironic!

JHaro

Newly Enlightened
Well, our consitution guarantees us the right to own firearms. Too bad there's no ammendment for lasers!