3- A2LED white - I work security nightshift
4- 6P w/10 plus lamps P60/P61/P60LED/Malkoff
5- E2L w/KL1head Surefire
After 45 years of using flashlights
Every make/model - may/could/will - malfunction
Most of these have some interchangeable parts

PaladinNO

Enlightened
5 lights to keep!? You're making this easy!

1 - Fenix TK76.
For one, it is massive, which already makes it score some points. Second, it got 12x ("dodeca", if we're getting fancy) 18650's, so the runtime is measured in days, not hours. Third, it got 3 different LED's, with 3 different optics, so it does everything - full flood, semi-flood, and spot - either separately or all at once. And four, when I'm tired of lugging it around...it got a tripod mount. "Only" 2800 Lumen, but that is more than enough to serve 90 % of any need for a flashlight. I would go with this monster even if I could only choose a single light to keep.

2 - Fenix LR35R
As a work light, my favourite has until now been the 2014, 960 Lumen Fenix PD35, but now I would say the Fenix LR35R. Dual 21700, 10000 Lumen. Recent aquisition, but the output power to size ratio is excellent. Hasn't passed any real-life trials yet (which the PD35 has), but I accidentally dropped it once (1,5 meters onto dirt ground), and it didn't seem to care at all. Bought one, tested it, then I bought another. Waiting for my paycheck to buy a third.

3 - Fireflies PL47U.
Another recent addition. Single 21700, 2200 Lumen mule. It's so floody, it only offers about 5 meters of illumination, but the "E21A mix 3800K" tint and colour rendition is absolutely gorgeous (chips are supposedly CRI 98). And being a mule, it is perfect for close-up detail work.

4 - Fenix HP30R v2
Headlamp, because - duh, duuuuh - everyone should have one! Another dual 21700 light, 3000 Lumen. It's very well balanced, so having it on the head for extended periods of time is no problem. It functions as a power bank, and it supports power passthrough (!!!). So you can hook up an external battery bank to either charge the batteries, or remove the batteries entirely and run the light directly off external power. I purchased a 30.000 mAh power bank to keep in my pocket for long hikes (should I ever do one). Or more likely (to be honest, equally less likely these days) visit the desolate family cabin.

5 - Emisar Noctigon K9.3
Single 21700, 2150 Lumen. I specified it as the perfect late-night walk light. 9x Nichia E21A hCRI 3500K LEDs + 3x Osram W1 Green LEDs to preserve night vision (personally, I prefer green over red illumination for this). It's reasonably well balanced, and it's surprisingly compact. I like the design of the light very much, and because of the thicker head it fits perfectly in the tool hook on my EDC pants. AND it has RGB auxiliary lights for bling, when the light is not being used.

Honourable mentions:
- Sofirn SF16 UV
- Emisar D4K Copper
- Jetbeam EC-R16
- Coast PM310R
- Nitecore Tip

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 5 lights- this I can try to get in on.
The only one light or 3 lights question doesn't work for me.

1) my EDC, HDS rotary with 18500 body and NLT, my favorite UI with a very utilitarian beam.

2) Malkoff MD3 with M91BN- much more power with a great tint. The low on 2 18500s is really useful as well.

3) Zebralight H600fc.- beautiful tint and versatile headlamp.

4) PK-PR1 small backup light with perfectly spread settings. Great beamshape as well.

5) Manker MK39vn for long runtime or powerful flood/spot.

Down the road I want to switch my NLT for an SDR50 for a broader hotspot and better tint. Also the M91BN for the Wildcat and a 1or 5 degree diffuser and want to find out more about the Lucifer 18500 headlamp to standardize my most used lights.
I find the Manker often gets left behind due to its size so maybe switch that to a 21700 sized light- just have to figure out what will work for this role.

Honorable mention to my LT1 lantern (not used too often but has its place) and incandescents which I enjoy using.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Old Cooley 26650 with PFlexpro drop-in (big and heavy, but a keeper)
Noctigon DM11 (throws farthest of all my lights)
HDS Rotary CR123 SDR50
Malkoff MD21700 Nachia 219B V3
Malkoff 18650 to E-Series with VME on Rifle

View attachment 61564

Carry On!
+

What is the AR you have there?
the twisted barrel tells me somethin' really nice

tonkem

Enlightened
Zebralight SC63 Cw, always with me
Zebralight Sc700d all around light, dog walking
Zebralight SC52 CW, nightstand light
Zebralight H600 MKiv CW - utility getting things done light
Nitecore Mh12s - bright light for walking with a bit more throw than the SC700 and higher intensity.

Olight Marauder Mini for good measure and wow factor.

All single cell lights, I have given up on Multicell lights. Waiting for a single 46800 light that is worthy :)

I know that is Six, but the first 5 are most used. Zebralight is also my favorite brand, but they are moving away from my favorite color temp of 5700 K or higher, I am not a fan of Lower Kelvin lights, I know I am not the norm, as most appear to want 4000k or so. (Rosy tint) I prefer higher output and 5000-5700 on my edc.

AMRaider

Enlightened
As of late, I have been trying to get outdoors more, and have been going through my gear for the last couple years trying to gradually narrow down what works best. It's certainly a work in progress.. and this question is really tough to answer lol. Anyway, here is what I have come up with (Yes, most of what I'm listing is expensive, and nothing wrong with cheaper foreign stuff, but I feel better having USA made stuff with me while I'm out in the woods. YMMV of course).

1) Surefire Minimus headlamp (with red filter)
2) Surefire Aviator (red/white).
3) Surefire Z2 (P60 incan with red filter or led drop-in red or white (Malkoff))
4) HDS Clicky (warmer white, with red filter)
5) Nite Ize Radiant Microlights in white and red variety. (I have these scattered throughout my camping gear as they are relatively inexpensive and very light weight.)

Anyway, that's what I have for now. Except for the Microlights, everything here uses CR123 cells or in the case of the Z2, a stock one can also use a 16650. And you can get other battery tubes for the HDS of course. Some of the above can also use 16340, but I don't think this is recommended for Surefires (not the 3.7V anyway). If I was allowed a #6, I would choose a mini Maglite incan, admitedly mostly for nostalgia.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just a quick reminder guys, you can keep your Shelf Queens that might see use literally one or two times a years.

AMRaider

Enlightened
Just a quick reminder guys, you can keep your Shelf Queens that might see use literally one or two times a years.
Roger that. I was thinking pure users.. Taking into account Shelf Queens, my #4 could be swapped to a McGizmo.. I must admit I'm too afraid of losing a McGizmo in the woods/mountains to really "designate" it a pure user though, at least far from the home anyway. An HDS is an expensive light, but is at least replaceable.